[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is worth reading of the Bible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: shakespeare-bible.jpg (353 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
shakespeare-bible.jpg
353 KB, 1200x800
What are some beautiful/weird/useful parts of this old influential book?
I'm currently reading the genesis illustrated by Robert Crumb and highly recommend it.

kisses xoxo, all my love to all you angry people
>>
>>7595554
my diary to be honest
>>
I went to a christian elementary school. In class, we had to read some parts of the book together. given the fact that i was about 6-11 years old at the time i can't really say what is worth reading in the litterary/moral sense.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the books of David and Samson, pure for the storyline. its nice, like reading a novel if you have a modern version of the bible. The book of Caïn and Abel is a classic brother story in which, if you have a brother, you can definitly identify yourself (though the ending is a little bit extreme to say the least, no spoilers). The new testament is a bit overdone by Hollywood so it might be nice to re-read it, see where the story originates from. And the book from the new testament where Petre continues his journey is really good too.

Can't really think of anything else now. Hope this helped mate. Good luck!
>>
>>7595554
Ecclesiastes is pretty well regarded, I've heard.
>>
For literary value the absolute essential books are:

Genesis
Exodus
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Songs
Ezekiel
Jonah
Gospels
Acts
Revelation

Kings and Samuel are cool as well but drags on a bit.
>>
read the e100, it's 100 bits of the bible chosen and agreed upon by an elite group of christian mofos.
>>
read the whole thing you fucker
>>
>>7597125
yeah, holy shit, totes fucken doen that man
THANKS.>>7597146
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.