[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /lit/ enjoy The Pale King? How did it compare to Infinite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: The_Pale_King.jpg (15 KB, 200x297) Image search: [Google]
The_Pale_King.jpg
15 KB, 200x297
Did /lit/ enjoy The Pale King? How did it compare to Infinite Jest? Did its unfinished nature leave an empty feeling in your stomach when you read it?
>>
>>7594851

the thing that got to me was that DFW must have been really frustrated when he realised he couldn't write an autobiography about his time in the IRS and also a piece of fiction and would have to do another yet fractured narrative. i truly believe this was the final straw for him
>>
>>7594960
What do you mean his time with the IRS?
>>
>>7594960
the pale king is fiction and he never worked for the irs. the whole narrative of dfw telling you the book is true is part of a fictional novel
>>
File: machine.0.jpg (15 KB, 310x207) Image search: [Google]
machine.0.jpg
15 KB, 310x207
>>7595018
Everything I know is a lie.
>>
>>7594851
I've worked in places like that (US Dept of Commerce) which may have made it somewhat more enjoyable for me.
>>
>>7595044
Oh, and fwiw, DFW nailed it. He had the job, the office, and the people exactly right. Put it this way: I remember his version better than I remember my own.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.