[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> yfw you realize that Tommy Pinchin' doesn't exist,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 200x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 200x287
> yfw you realize that Tommy Pinchin' doesn't exist, and is just another kooky name made up by the real author
this man is just an elaborate diversion put on by the real author to draw attention away from himself. If he exists at all, Pynchon is obviously paying him to take the appearance of a famous reclusive author, when in fact he is just your average, every-day recluse

Truly a genius
>>
Thomas Pynchon is the literary equivalent of Robin Williams
>>
post yfw you realise chompy 'tha pinch' pinecone is actually little stevie king from next door

'he was always such a nice boy' sez his neighbour
>>
>>7594211
i've also heard this, through reputable sources, too.
>>
He had Vladimir Nabokov as a professor in college, and Nabokov's wife has confirmed that she remembers helping her husband grade his papers.

His real legal birth name is Thomas Pynchon.
>>
>>7595095
And yes I know that I worded that poorly and that Nabokov and his wife are both dead.
>>
>>7593968
>tfw the pictures and name are just some dude he went to school with
>>
>>7595097
>>7595095

>Pynchon had them both "removed", to conceal his identity
>>
>tfw you'll never be a MacArthur Fellow
Why even live.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.