[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Ben Lerner? I read Leaving the Atocha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: lerner.jpg (122 KB, 700x720) Image search: [Google]
lerner.jpg
122 KB, 700x720
What does /lit/ think of Ben Lerner? I read Leaving the Atocha Station for an English class and really enjoyed it, might have liked 10:04 even more though - he's got a great sense of humor. I've yet to read his poetry - am I missing out? Also any similar authors?
>>
I think he has a very punchable face.
>>
eyebrows
>>
>>7592022

his "poetry" is academic charlatanism at its finest. Really, how he won awards for that total sophomoric garbage is beyond me.

His novels aren't bad or good, they just read like average MFA-mill fare.

He won't be remembered in 20 years.
>>
>>7592022

I think he sucks.

>similar authors

Tao Lin
>>
>>7592037
>autism
>>
>>7592063
I'll still be reading him in 20 years.
>>
>>7592256

>it was raining
>my friend who is a girl was over
>I promise she is a girl
>uhh- she wanted to fuck me too
>really guys a girl wanted to fuck me

Extrapolate that to 60,000 words and you have his novel
>>
There are some authors who should remain unphotographed.
>>
>>7592264
You have issues lol
>>
File: Ben Lerner.jpg (41 KB, 264x387) Image search: [Google]
Ben Lerner.jpg
41 KB, 264x387
>>7592270
Looks like McLovin.
>>
>>7592296
>>7592270
I'll bet you two are absolutely gorgeous.
>>
File: 08324.jpg (231 KB, 1000x753) Image search: [Google]
08324.jpg
231 KB, 1000x753
Leaving the Atocha Station was surprisingly enjoyable, but his poetry is terrible, and he seems like a pompous ass besides. I've read that 10:04 is wank, pure style without substance.
>>
File: IMG_1088.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1088.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>7592813
Get me a job in publishing. Or at least advice.
>>
>>7592813
You shouldn't refer to men as "males" or bodyshame them. It's dehumanizing, misandristic and extremely harmful.
>>
>>7592818
That's the exact opposite of what 10:04 is. If you liked Atocha, you'll probably like it as well.
>>
His poetry is neat.
>>
>>7592813
BTW misandry in females typically arises from deep insecurities. I recommend seeing a therapist.
>>
>>7592256
Go away, Ben, no one cares.
>>
Thank you for deleting your post (or to whatever mod deleted it).
>>
when i read him i feel like i'm reading someone who just got published and no one really knows why anymore, like he has nothing to say (no i and i don't mean of substance/ i mean of confidence) and he knows this and we all know this yet he's what the 21st century white american male of literature is, essentially, so we give him a book deal and we read him bc if we don't read him, who else do we read? tao lin? no, he's definitely something else. he's the john green of /lit/ but at least green has some perverted dilemmas to him.
>>
>>7592873
meant lerner is at the end. not tao
>>
>>7592873

A good way to think about him. I also think it's that he wants to be a postmodernist writer really badly even though pomo has been dead for decades and most intelligent people are writing otherwise. His fetish for John Ashbery is just embarassing
>>
>>7592921
>The Pale King
>2666
>pomo has been dead for centuries

Get a load of this guy.
>>
>>7593645

DFW is like those straggling modernist writers still writing like Joyce into the 70s and 80s. He won't be remembered in a century, he's a completely unimportant part of literary history. And his writing sucks nonetheless.

Bolano is irrelevant except to freshmen.
>>
>>7594002
>Bolano is irrelevant except to freshmen.
o i am lauffin
you're retarded
>>
that male looks mighty white to me op, is he at least the son of holocoast survivors or like at a minimum homosexual?
>>
>>7592022
He looks like he enjoys a nightly eating of the anus.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.