[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bout to read this. What are some other books that take place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 2666Novel.jpg (14 KB, 241x384) Image search: [Google]
2666Novel.jpg
14 KB, 241x384
Bout to read this.
What are some other books that take place in Ciudad Juarez?
The idea a city woven in violence is fascinating. And the fact it exists is horrifying.
>>
>>7590936
the movie The Counselor that mccarthy wrote the screenplay for was solid to me, now with a directors cut i think
>>
>>7590936
>What are some other books that take place in Ciudad Juarez?
for fiction there's nothing worth noting yet. there are many writers falling under the "border narrative" umbrella, but only a handful of them have written specifically about the city, hardly any of them has been translated and none of them are particularly good writers.
as for "non-fiction", "huesos en el desierto" is a alright though some might not agree with the direction the author's hypothesis and methodology head to.
>>
>>7590968
>huesos en el desierto
does an english version exist? cant find one on amazon
>>
>>7590953
where can i read the screenplay?
>>
>>7591349
just watch the movie lol
>>
>>7591498
i heard the directing is shit
>>
>>7590936
Im a good friend of César Silva Márquez, author of many books in Almadía (mexican editing house) and Randome House. His main topic: Ciudad Juárez.
>>
File: 1441417848772.jpg (55 KB, 550x520) Image search: [Google]
1441417848772.jpg
55 KB, 550x520
>>7591349
Challenge: can you be smuggier than this?
>>
>>7592267
youre clever
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.