[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
The idea seem interesting, but is it well executed ?
>>
Its was my least favorite book of his whle reading it, but about two thirds the way through it all came togeter and turned out to be one of his best.
>>
>>7590642
You liked the part with the circus and afterwards?
>>
>>7590607
Just finished this last night. Personally I found it alright. The beginning is pretty good. Then a little over half way in there starts to be really long winded segments about religion, government, what it is to be a human, that kind of thing. Not that this is necessarily bad, but from someone that read this 50+ years after it came out, these are things I've heard many times before. The last 1/3 of the book picks up a little again but I found a lot of it kind of boring (but not bad). I'll also give Heinlein props on being slightly ahead of the times with some of this stuff. This book came out in '61 but it feels like something someone would have written during or after the hippie movement.
>>
>>7591568
>doesn't know when the hippie movement happened
>>
>>7590607
Reading it right now, don't really know what to think of it yet. Not much in terms of plot, and there isn't really much characterization yet.

I enjoyed The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, and the librarian who recommended this book to me has pretty great taste, so I'll certainly finish it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.