[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tunnel Talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: The_Tunnel(pic).jpg (26 KB, 220x335) Image search: [Google]
The_Tunnel(pic).jpg
26 KB, 220x335
Let's talk about The Tunnel! What are your favorite parts? Why isn't it more popular? Does anyone else feel bitter after reading it?
>>
I liked when they went in that one underground part, and they're all like "oh shit, mufuckas we underground and shit, some nigga get a pickaxe!" and then they get out.
>>
>>7590032
we wuz subterraneans n shit
>>
>>7590056
Dos overworld honkys, yaknowatimsayin, nigga
>>
>>7590026
I love how musical his writing is. I mean, you can tell how each sound and syllable plays off another.
>>
>>7590026
bump
>>
Someone convince me to read this book. What is it about? What is the story? What are the themes it explores?
>>
>>7590992
It's about a professor of history (a puppet of Gass) who, upon finishing his magnum opus, finds he is unable to write a rigid, objective introduction; instead, he writes, quite angrily, about his childhood, his fat wife, his pecker, his lovers, and other aspects of his personal life. Disregarding the plot, the novel still stands as one the greatest ever for one reason: the prose. Gass is, without a doubt, the greatest stylist of the latter half of the 20th century, if not the century as a whole. His writing is complex and beautiful; but it is also the angriest I've ever seen. I mean, he makes Pynchon and Gaddis look happy--joyful even. You don't have to read it now, though: in 20 to 30 years, it will be hailed as a masterpiece unlike any other.
>>
>>7591009
http://youtu.be/ClBFUysyIro
Audio interview with the Gass.
>>
>>7590026
someone is trying hard to meme this. hat tip
>>
>>7591400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLlYVszUMpM
This one is my favorite.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.