[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite Bible verses.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13
File: 12312423564365437.jpg (130 KB, 1253x893) Image search: [Google]
12312423564365437.jpg
130 KB, 1253x893
Post your favorite Bible verses.
>>
>>7588467
>There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
>>
File: 51242337.jpg (37 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
51242337.jpg
37 KB, 640x430
>>7588467
Oh look, this thread again...
>>
File: 1233253457457.jpg (137 KB, 570x691) Image search: [Google]
1233253457457.jpg
137 KB, 570x691
>>7588471
I like these threads.
>>
>philistine, bequeath you a humbling copulative embrace as it was in sodom, by flesh as large as a mule'ss
luke 3:24
>>
>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:1-5
>>
>>7588469
>There is neither Jew nor Greek

Breaking down the barrier between the Hellenized Jews, and the Jews of Galilee.

>there is neither slave nor free man
Probably referring to the working poor (in Capernaum) circled around the newly established Hellenized cities of Sepphoris and Tiberias

>there is neither male nor female
Jesus was le feminist, good stuff.
>>
>>7588483
None of what you said is true.
>>
>>7588484
lol k.
>>
>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17
>>
>And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
>>
>>7588486
0/10
>>
File: 12352563475447.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
12352563475447.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
>>7588486
>>
File: Blasphemy fire.jpg (46 KB, 565x447) Image search: [Google]
Blasphemy fire.jpg
46 KB, 565x447
>>7588487
Amen.
>>
File: Im not listening.jpg (11 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
Im not listening.jpg
11 KB, 300x198
>>7588484
>>
John 14:2

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
>>
>>7588486
This shit isn't even in the Bible.
>>
>>7588486
>pew pew pew pew pew
>>
>Ecclesiastes 1:9

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."
>>
”She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Ezekiel 23:20
>>
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. Remember O Lord, the children of Edom in the day of Jurusalem who said, "Raze it, raze it, even to the foundation".
O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed.
Happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
>>
File: TEd-Cruz.png (251 KB, 600x314) Image search: [Google]
TEd-Cruz.png
251 KB, 600x314
>>7588486
>>
>>7588467
Ezekiel 23:20
>>
>>7588643
>>7588767
mentioned just 3 posts above yours, blind man
>>
Fall'n Cherube, to be weak is miserable
Doing or Suffering: but of this be sure,
To do ought good never will be our task,
But ever to do ill our sole delight,
As being the contrary to his high will
Whom we resist.
>>
>11 If men get into a fight with one another, and the wife of one intervenes to rescue her husband from the grip of his opponent by reaching out and seizing his genitals, 12 you shall cut off her hand; show no pity.
Deuteronomy 25:11-12
>>
>The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

this is literally true
until you fear God you haven't even begun to be wise.
you can be the greatest scholar the world has ever known but if you don't fear God you are like a drunk man that has forgotten his name.
you can be the greatest buddhist monk since the Buddha himself with perfect mental discipline and focus, but if you don't fear God you are blind.
once you fear God not only your outward and public actions but your inner thoughts and affections come under the strictest discipline
then you received infused knowledge to see the world as God sees it. Suddenly the whole world looks like a book which you are reading for the first time; everything that happens to you is like some form of parable or teaching. Everything is filled with substance and meaning, proving the verse -

>The wise man's eyes are in his head, but the fool walks in darkness.
>>
>>7588483
>Jesus was le feminist, good stuff
Jesus didn't say it? Paul did. And nice argument bro, almost as good as those proofs you pulled out of your ass for why the new testament allows you to be bigoted.
>>
>>7588811
Do you have a toilet in front of your mouth?
>>
>>7588777
Aw shucks.
>>
>>7588811
Why would you fear God? Just follow his instructions and lead a happy, loving life.
>>
3 The pride of your heart has deceived you,
you who live in the clefts of the rocks[a]
and make your home on the heights,
you who say to yourself,
‘Who can bring me down to the ground?’
4 Though you soar like the eagle
and make your nest among the stars,
from there I will bring you down,”
declares the Lord.

Obadiah 3-4
>>
>>7588476
>>7588643
>>7588794

haha, so edgy! christians B T F O ! fellow upfedoras for you mein freunds :^)
>>
"[...] "...And then we have to kill all the jewis" said Jesus. "But they are still living creature" replied Peter. "no, no! Listen me, fucking pete, they are not human! They are not animal! They are not at the same level of fucking trees and fungiis and cells! They are beasts. A fucking cancer that have to be extirpated. And if you try to defend them i won't have problems to kill you." [...]"
>>
>>7588625
This
Ecclesiastes is the best book
>>
>>7588467

Matthew 7:6.

Jk, actually Matthew 7:1.
>>
>>7589490
Lame
>>
>>7589655
ntations
>>
>>7588480
This !
It's just beautiful, would be christian/10
>>
>>7589382
meine freunde, Hurensohn.
>>
>>7588480
>>7590271
Last sentence is pretty great. The rest is totalitarian af. Some straight Kim Jong-un shit.
>>
File: 521-religious-symbols.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
521-religious-symbols.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
I hope this doesn't derail the thread but out of interest:

Post your favourite verses from other Holy Books too and compare them to the Bible
>>
>>7590533
What's that bottom row, center-left symbol for?
>>
>>7588467

Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
>>
>>7588480
John for best gospel.
Synoptics btfo
>>
>>7590623
Biohazard, looks like.
>>
>>7591073
Top tier religion
>>
>>7588486
SAY EZEKIEL 25:17 AGAIN MOTHAFUCKA...I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU SAY EZEKIEL 25:17 AGAIN
>>
Not necessarily favorite, but something I read recently that I like:

Matthew 6:25 - 29

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them . . . 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
>>
http://www.landscapestories.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/0221.jpg Fuck Satan
>>
John 1:17

"I'm a predi kool gai, I kil alenz and doesn't fraud on anifing"
>>
File: 1452564173431.png (64 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452564173431.png
64 KB, 200x200
>>7592136
>>
>The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the heroes of old, the men of renown.
>>
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Call me a fedora boy, do it.
>>
"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."

Luke 12:47-48
>>
>>7592255
>>7592230
>>7589490
>>7588794
>>7588643
>>7588483
>>7588476
>>7588471

Fedoras out in full force I see.
>>
>>7588467

The prologue from John's Gospel, which is mine too, has been covered (at least the first verses of it) >>7588480 >>7590271), so I'm going to mention Jn 12:24:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain." (NKJV)
>>
James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder",
>>
Matthew 11:28 niggas
>>
The lost gospel of Eve:

"I stood on a lofty mountain and saw a gigantic man, and another, a dwarf; and I heard as it were a voice of thunder, and drew nigh for to hear; and He spake unto me and said: I am thou, and thou art I; and wheresoever thou mayest be I am there. In all am I scattered, and whencesoever thou willest, thou gatherest Me; and gathering Me, thou gatherest Thyself."

Tat tvam asi
>>
Matthew 12:31-32

>31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

>32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
>>
>>7588612
The last sentence is. Everything before it in the Bible was about Philistines.
>>
>>7592263
How is >>7592255 fedora?
It's actually a pretty good verse to include in an answer to the (silly) question "Will people who have never heard the Gospel go to hell?"
>>
>>7588467

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

>thinking is something devine
>>
I am who I am

>quiet existential
>>
>>7592934
Fuck your holy ghost
>>
>>7594738
Those are dangerous words anon.
>>
i think i like the one where the song of solomon talks about fawning over a womans breasts.

its good read
>>
File: close call.jpg (72 KB, 820x619) Image search: [Google]
close call.jpg
72 KB, 820x619
>>7588467
the entirety of ecclesiasties
>>
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
>>
File: germany6793758.jpg (266 KB, 1052x957) Image search: [Google]
germany6793758.jpg
266 KB, 1052x957
BIBLE = relevant as always
>People of Israel,declares the LORD,I am bringing a distant nation against you an ancient and enduring nation, a people whose language you do not know, whose speech you do not understand.“

Jer 5:15

And the reason for the multicultural plague is...

>And when the people ask, ‘Why has the LORD our God done all this to us?’ you will tell them, ‘As you have forsaken me and served foreign gods in your own land, so now you will serve foreigners in a land not your own.

Jer 5:19

> Your land is desolate, Your cities are burned with fire, Your fields-- strangers are devouring them in your presence; It is desolation, as overthrown by strangers.“

Izaiah 1: 7

last but not the least - cucking as a curse in the Bible kek, the more things change the more they stay the same

>You shall betroth a wife, but another man will violate her; you shall build a house, but you will not live in it; you shall plant a vineyard, but you will not use its fruit.

Deuteronomy 28: 30
>>
>>7588467
I like the part, where Jesus kills himself.
>>
>>7593179
People don't like to think of themselves as slaves so we'll just move this passage from the pile of bible passages we pay attention to, to the pile of bible passages we utterly ignore, as is tradition.
>>
>As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
Psalm 41[42]
>>
>>7588467
That bible looks like breasts.
>>
>>7595694
Such a filthy mind is unfit for the covenant sayeth I.
>>
>>7595707

Such a filthy mind is primed for the covenant, 'for I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners' (Mt 9:13)
>>
>>7593179

Also, good message about using what you're given to the best of your ability, and being more understanding of people born with less who may act out or never make anything of themselves.
>>
>>7588467
Revelation 3:16. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth

I see this as a direct admonishment to those agnostics who say 'we believe in something but just don't know what;' who do not progress spiritually beyond that lukewarm statement. I also understand it as praising those who are convinced, who can choose to either reside in the cold or the hot and by so doing, resist the temptation of the lukewarm.

I am a Muslim.
>>
>>7588483
So why did you post this?
>>
>>7595685
It was a parable? why would you ignore it straight away without trying to understand what he was trying to say?
>>
>Then he said to his disciples, “The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. There will be those who will say to you, ‘Look, there he is,’ [or] ‘Look, here he is.’ Do not go off, do not run in pursuit. For just as lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be [in his day]. But first he must suffer greatly and be rejected by this generation.
Luke 17:22-26
>>
>You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.

Mathew5:43-45
>>
And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines.
>>
All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
- Ecclesiastes 1:8
>>
>>7597104
It is well known that Schopenhauer traveled back in time with the aid of Leibniz to write Ecclesiastes.
>>
>>7597113
But there's nothing about bitches ain't shit in Ecclesiastes.
>>
>>7593431

>language
>>
>>7588467
Hitler did nothing wrong
-Jesus Christ
>>
>>7588467

"GO FUCK YOURSELF." - the Jews, Luke 3:14
>>
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." - 1 Corinthians 13:11

Ironically, this verse in part inspired my transition from faith to free thought.
>>
"Thou shalt commit Adultery"
Exodus 20:14
>>
File: jewcorp.jpg (69 KB, 525x487) Image search: [Google]
jewcorp.jpg
69 KB, 525x487
>>7590533
>>
>tfw reading the bible for the first time

Reading Matthew desu.

ngl a lot is a let down. All these stories that are given so much focus like calming the storm, 40 days and 40 nights in the desert, John the Baptist getting beheaded etc all are over in a few lines.

Also so far Jesus hasn't said why you should worship him other than you'll burn if you don't. Hasn't mentioned heaven at all yet.
>>
I'm currently reading the bible, got to the Numbers.
But so far I really liked this quote:
>24 “‘Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you. 25 If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it. 26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private parts may be exposed.’

But then JHWH had to change his mind and decided, he's better than this:
>The Altar of Burnt Offering
38 They[a] built the altar of burnt offering of acacia wood, three cubits[b] high; it was square, five cubits long and five cubits wide.[c] 2 They made a horn at each of the four corners, so that the horns and the altar were of one piece, and they overlaid the altar with bronze. 3 They made all its utensils of bronze—its pots, shovels, sprinkling bowls, meat forks and firepans. 4 They made a grating for the altar, a bronze network, to be under its ledge, halfway up the altar. 5 They cast bronze rings to hold the poles for the four corners of the bronze grating. 6 They made the poles of acacia wood and overlaid them with bronze. 7 They inserted the poles into the rings so they would be on the sides of the altar for carrying it. They made it hollow, out of boards.

Why was that?
>>
>>7588467
Probably most of the Qohelet. I once translated it and still can remember long parts by heart.

>inb4 fedora
>>
>>7600044
It's funny how someone would focus on something so trivial.
Why was that?
>>
>>7600074
I really liked the first quote, I really did. It felt really "frugal" or something, but then I got few "chapters" further and I got to the second quote, and was disappointed how quickly it fell to the opulence trying to praise god with things, instead of prayers...

The funniest part for me, was when JHWH gave instructions for Aaron's priest hat. I just couldn't imagine this old-testament god, who was okay with killing everyone, go down to Moses and give him an instruction to include bells and pomegranates on the hat.
>>
>>7588467
Mathew 25:31-46 is definitely my favorite, though Psalm 137 is close.
>>
>Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Luke 6:31
>>
File: 1451261702948.jpg (66 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1451261702948.jpg
66 KB, 437x437
>>7594828
hey man vanity of vanities
>i.e. they don't think it be like it is, but it do
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.