[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So have any of you actually read all of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 7147831[1].jpg (15 KB, 300x475) Image search: [Google]
7147831[1].jpg
15 KB, 300x475
So have any of you actually read all of it?
>>
>>7587988
No one with any sense or taste.
Or sense of taste.
>>
>>7588009
One of the few negative comments about it I've seen here, and there are many comments.
>>
Not me - just the first two books, but they were some of the best two books I've ever read.
>>
It was trash. The part where he fucks the dog was good tho.
>>
in the end it turns out he was Hitler's reincarnation or some absurd shit like that
>>
Only the first and I liked it.

Don't listen to /lit/ cucks, they are contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>7587988
>>7588009

I have, just finished the sixth one a few days ago. Read it all in Swedish translation.

Some books are definitely better than the others. The second one was probably my favourite by far, closely followed by the first one. Three and four do not hold the same quality at all imo, reading a 400 page book written entirely from a 10 year olds perspective was boring as fuck. It picks up again at number five though.

The sixth and final one, being well over 1000 pages, felt sometimes like an unstructured clusterfuck. A weird blend of the triviality and annoyances of family life, essays and discussions on literature, the stress of writing and being too famous, and a 400 page document of Hitlers Mein Kampf mixed in.

Ultimately though, I think it was worth it. There are some absolute golden passages spread out everywhere and reading Knausgård never takes long due to his simplistic prose.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.