[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit, I need your help. My literature professor challenged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1412802506571.jpg (235 KB, 800x990) Image search: [Google]
1412802506571.jpg
235 KB, 800x990
Hey /lit, I need your help. My literature professor challenged me earlier today.he recently hung a Chinese or Japanese style umbrella from his ceiling with what appear to be origami coy fish (or possibly trout) above the umbrella, as if raining down onto the umbrella. He bet me 5 to 1 odds that I couldn't guess the book it's in, or some relation or derivation of the imagery depicted. What book is this imagery from? My best guess is some kind of Asian literature, but I could be wrong. My professor is Asian by the way.
>>
>>7587691

The Sound of Waves.
>>
>>7587691
Emily Prager, A Visit from the Footbinder
>>
>>7587691
Gravity's Rainbow
>>
Thank you all who have helped, I don't know whether these will be the ones, but I do believe I get 5 tries. Are there any more/ why do these current ones fit the bill? Sorry, I'm just trying to be informed as possible.
>>
>>7587691
Your professor is Asian?
Who the fuck says such things?
Fucking amerifat
>>
>>7587902
soulless asian detected

what's it like having no soul, asian?
>>
>>7587908
I'm just not American
Your society is fucked
You pay the price for slavery every day.
>>
>>7588027
i'll enslave you and your fucking family and make you weave linens for me

jealous third worlder
>>
>>7588033
It's not 1950
Nobody is jealous of America anymore
>>
>>7587902
>>7588027
Are you trying to speak in fucking haikai?
>>
File: 1450167989345.jpg (34 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1450167989345.jpg
34 KB, 500x350
>>7587691
>coy fish
>>
>>7587902
I dont understand where your problem with that statement is tbfwy
>>
>>7588039
Right thats why everyone else dresses like us, watches our movies, listens to our music, and tries to sneak into our country.
>>
>>7588356
At the moment everyone is trying to sneak into Europe. Your Amerifat "immigrant crisis" is a fucking joke. Europe is the fashion center of the world, too, and the only place to look if you want music other than lowest common denominator pop trash.

American movies are great though.
>>
>>7588033

America hasn't been number 1 in awhile. It's just that it has the strongest army, though way too overbudget.
>>
sounds like my diary desu
>>
>>7587691

You will get no satisfaction if you give the correct answer
Go about your wagers and your life honestly OP
>>
*UPDATE*

None of those were correct. I now owe my professor money, but I can try again. I'm going to, of course. Anyone else know? He did say that he could see why gravity's rainbow could be it, but it isn't. I have seen him reading murakami before, so it may be one of his works.
>>
Kafka on the shore. I believe that was the one where it rained fish.
>>
>non-STEM professors

jesus christ
>>
>>7587691
I thought the judge was supposed to be completely hairless.
>>
>>7588343
is he a kyrgyz?
an indian?
i'm sure op knows his fucking nationality, and that would have helped us help him
>>
>>7588027
>You pay the price for slavery every day.

yeah the blacks rot out the core of our innercities in some kind of horrible slave resentiment, but eventually mexicans will out number them and our innercities will be filled with affordable taco joints and cheap cleaning services
>>
>>7591399
Of Chinese descent
>>
>>7591399
Oh here, he's of Chinese heritage, but a few generations in so he may appreciate east Asian culture as a whole rather than exclusively Chinese.
>>
Kafka on the Shore by Murakami has got to be it. There is a big scene where mackerel rain out of the sky.
>>
Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami.
>>
Kafka on the Shore
>>
Franz on the Beach
>>
>>7587691

Your professor is a pleb.
>>
>>7589948
hmm, perhaps Kafka on the shore
There is a character who summons rain-falls of fish and leaches and shit, and he has an umbrella
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.