[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lit, it´s my 20th birthday today. What books would you recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Hey lit, it´s my 20th birthday today.
What books would you recommend me based only on that?
Also any advice or wisdom is welcomed
>>
get off /lit/ is my advice
>>
The Cossacks by Leo Tolstoy
>>
>>7585540
Do what you want

What you REALLY want
>>
>>7585540
Moby-Dick
>>
>>7585551
This makes a lot of sense actually, and although I do have a pretty clear picture of what I want I feel like I am always doubting and questioning myself.
I guess that´s something that I need to work on but I also feel like I should have done/achieved more in these 20 years than I have and being younger I thought I would have by this time.
>>
Storm of Steel - Ernst Junger
Typhoon - Joseph Conrad
A Hero for our Time - Lermontov
>>
>>7585557
>>7585546
Thanks for those guys, I´m already familiar with moby dick (obviously) but although I really appreciate tolstoy I haven´t heard of that one from him, cheers.
>>
Focus your reading/study, rather then accepting random recs; read towards an ends. Most books are not worth consuming
>>
Run. Run away, and never return.
>>
>>7585589
Yeah and truth is that´s sort of what I use lit for, a lot of recommendations that I can then research and make my own opinion of. I figure I´ll try to focus on study related material and try to actaully learn stuff, read though every other or every third book solely for entertainment.
>>
I'll soon be at that age and I want to build and sell houses, any good free literature about that ?
>>
>>7585842
Have u read bob the builder?
Bet it´s nice.
>>
Read as many books as you can, faggot. Also, focus on your education.
>>
>>7585551
zig-a-zig-ah
>>
This thread was sort of made in the hope that older browsers of lit would give like, what would you tell your 20 year old self, type of advice.
Please do guise I´m having a pretty difficult time as is. And I have found that good advice can help one get on the right track.
>>
Family Happiness by Tolstoy
Story of Philosophy by Durant
>>
Homer.
>>
>>7586130
nobody is going to tell you how to live your life. get off the internet and get therapy if anything. also, this shit isn't /lit/
>>
>>7586639
Ofc not. But perhaps someone says something that ignites a spark and I develope an idea from it?
The fuck do you know anyways.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.