[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I was talking to a fellow academic the other day and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: LEOPARDI.jpg (22 KB, 308x430) Image search: [Google]
LEOPARDI.jpg
22 KB, 308x430
Hey /lit/

I was talking to a fellow academic the other day and he mentioned this place. He mentioned that the colloquial term for a well-read and intelligent individual here is a so-called "patrician",

I said it sounded pretty neat, and then I asked "so I suppose they've all read Leopardi then?" He sort of stood there wide-eyed for a minute before staring at his feet and mumbling something about "meme core" (?). I reminded him that every intelligent person worthy of being labelled a "patrician" has read Zibaldone, otherwise known as Leopardi's greatest work. I laughed a little to soften the mood but I could tell he was flustered. Eventually he walked away saying he had to practice "dee eff doubleyou facial expressions" in his bathroom mirror.

So anyway, is it true you guys haven't read Zibaldone by Giacomo Leopardi, or was the guy just being strange for no reason?

I'm loving your site so far. Thanks!
>>
I think Zibaldone is standard on most /lit/ starter kits
>>
>>7585039
>determining patricianhood based on one book

DYEL? Sound like a weak wristed couple of faggots to me. Did you lick his taint afterwards?

The only patricians are /lit/fit/.
>>
>>7585066
stfu nerd
>>
>>7585066
shoo shoo nietzsche-chan
>>
>>7585071
>>7585088
How much do you bench bitch boys? I go 4 minutes between sets and manage to knock off 4-5 pages in any given book. I try to finish 200 pages a session.

What? You read in coffee shops? What are you waiting for your grindr date?
>>
>>7585111
*shoves you into a locker*

THIS is how much I bench, kiddo
>>
>>7585145
*next day*

Ready the torpedoes, Mr.. Ah... Anon :^)
>>
>>7585171
Next day isn't an action retard
>>
>>7585066
LITFIT?
I laughed out loud. /fit/ has long been a harbor for the hyperplebs who clap eachother on the back when someone finishes Dune. The only patricians left are those that have been here for 3+ years and you can take that to the bank
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.