[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MODERN LIT THREAD talk about what's new, what's good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 6312226-3x2-940x627.jpg (116 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
6312226-3x2-940x627.jpg
116 KB, 940x627
MODERN LIT THREAD

talk about what's new, what's good, what's not popular but should be.
I want some suggestions on hidden 21st Century gold, every time I go to a book store all I see are shitty teen fictions copying divergent and hunger games success or shitty fantasy copying Game of thrones
>>
My Struggle - Knausgaard
Neapolitan Novels - Ferrante
Your Face Tomorrow - Marias
The Map and the Territory - Houellebecq
The Roving Shadows - Quignard
>>
>>7584950
shit taste
>>
>>7584957
What do you recommend?
>>
>>7584938
Just read "The Moor's Account" by Laila Lalami.

Pretty solid as far as historical fiction goes, and pretty short, I knocked it out in two days. Pulitzer Fiction and Man Booker finalist.

Also, Soumission and Brief History of Seven Killings were great.

>>7584950
Is My Struggle just a scandinavian whining? Is there any action?
>>
>>7584950
Houellebecq is overrated right wing trash, and not even the good kind
>>
Mother of Hydrogen by Vinay Gupta. It's not edited yet, but it's worth reading anyway. Magic without actual magic, set a bit in the future

Hexayurt.com/novel
>>
>>7584967
Soumission was pretty funny, and had some legit political suspense to it.

That said, he is a bit of an alarmist, like how he has white women suddenly dressing modestly and public schools become muslim the second a muslim gets a majority in a parliament
>>
>>7584970
pls dont' advertise your novel on /lit/
>>
>>7584975
yeah I think that's the main problem I had with it, too much sensationalisation of false facts detracting from the humour
>>
>>7584938
I am very upset by the fact that Pynchon is more famous than Gass.
>>
>>7585007
Is The Tunnel a postmodern wall of prose to untangle ala Joyce/Pynchon
>>
anyone got some good heist novels to read? I literally can't find any in the market. and I've already been tricked a fair bit of times by books that advertise "thieves" only for it to be your typical damsel in distress novel
>>
File: 1452784464755-561837082.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
1452784464755-561837082.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
Sorry for the poor quality, but does this answer your question?
>>
>>7585029
Is that Gass? If so, ha.
>>
>>7585034
Yes. Page 25 of The Tunnel. Gass is Joyce's successor, but no one has heard of him.
>>
>>7584976
It's not mine. I just like it so much I feel motherly instincts towards it and want everyone to love it as much as i do waaaaah even the author doesn't care enough to edit and get it published, I asked him on Twitter
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.