[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1452563649881.jpg (237 KB, 458x581) Image search: [Google]
1452563649881.jpg
237 KB, 458x581
Ok guys...Please don't crucify me, I don't have a lot of info but if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. I heard about this (fairly well known I think) book where the main character is talking to a psychiatrist but I don't think you find that until maybe a third of the book is over. The character is somewhat racist and self contradicting and I heard it's pretty funny in a twisted way which is why I wanna read it. Sorry that's all I remember, any help would be appreciated. Pic unrelated
>>
any more details?
>>
>>7583257
No and it's pissing me off, I feel like it's right on the tip of my tongue..I think it's somewhat older, like maybe 1950's or 1960's and I think either the author or the main character's name started with a 'P'. That's all I got unfortunately
>>
>>7583257
Portnoy's Complaint?
>>
>>7583295
That's it anon :) you're the best, have you happened to read it?
>>
>>7583304
I haven't, but PH is pretty good from what I know of his other stuff (The Plot Against America, Sabbath's Theater). Kinda like Dostoyevsky where he's easy enough to read that you can read him when you're young, but years later, you don't feel any shame about it, as you inevitably will with plenty of the other books you read around that time.
>>
>>7583320
Cool, thanks dude. I couldn't find anything out about it online. It just seems like one of those books where you strap in to follow a fucked up character, which is always one of my favorite reading experiences
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.