[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember a year ago some anon wanted to read Das Kapital. He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Das-Kapital-interior.jpg (66 KB, 550x712) Image search: [Google]
Das-Kapital-interior.jpg
66 KB, 550x712
I remember a year ago some anon wanted to read Das Kapital. He started a thread asking what should read before the actual Das Kapital. I took note from all the tips. So I already read "The essence of christianity" by Ludwig Feuerbach and "Phenomenology of spirit" by Hegel. But problem is that Kant's "Critique of pure reason" can rarely be found in where I live. My question is can I start reading Das Kapital without Kant?
>>
Kant's Pure Reason can be found for less than £5 online.
>>
>>7581251
Wow, gee thanks for the insight.
>although my question was entirely different
>>
>>7581183
i'd say that you kant
>>
>>7581325
Now that you've been rude, nobody will answer you.
>>
>>7581335
Sure, and providing answer to a question that has not been asked is not.
>>
>>7581347
you implied that the reason you kant read kant is because you kant get it where you live

if he gives you a suggestion as to where you kan get your hands on it that's not unrelated
>>
>>7581357
His advice is complete garbage and useless for a third world country.And if I'm asking wether it's a problem or not to read it without this implies that reaching Kant is impossible for me.
>>
>>7581366
so pirate the ebook
you might not even have to pirate it, it's probably on gutenberg
unless you're a nork or in china i can't imagine it'd be impossible
>>
>>7581183
Although you only need to have read the Phenomenology to understand Kapital, your understanding of the Phenomenology is likely incomplete if you didn't read Kant first. What you should really do is read Hume's Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, then the Critique of Pure Reason, then the Phenomenology, then the Essence of Christianity, then Grundrisse, then Das Kapital.
>>
>>7581399
THANK YOU
This is exactly what i wanted I will take note from all your suggestions. Never knew /lit/ is the new /b/ though.
>>
Lol... should have read Ricardo, Smith and a thorough macroeconomic textbook to be honest. Outside of the lordship and bondage section in phenomenology what you should have read was philosophy of right and lectures on the philosophy of history.

Furbach and the German Ideology would have been good. What the hell do you need Kant for?
>>
>>7581399

Everything listed after CPR is rubbish
>>
Just about to read vol. 1 and so I'm also interested in the prereq reading...

Why kant and the phenomenology?
Why Hume and such?

Does it directly lead or is this just another start with the greeks meme that /lit /b's itself with
>>
>>7581459
you seem to know moreso what youre talking about. Any recommendations for a good macroeconomic book that isnt 200$ ?
>>
>>7581475
The philosophy backtrail this shit generates as much as it requires.

It's like looking at a pretty painting. Without the brushstrokes and influences you can't spot shit.
>>
>>7581487
Not that anon, but got a Bachelor in IB.
Try Mankiw's
>>
>>7581487
Snowden Modern Macro, sorry about price.
>>
>>7581183
Just read das capital already
>>
why are you reading so much shit you dont even need

marx isn't hard what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>7583317
Kek
This.
In fact you don't "need" other authors to understand one author. It is always preferable to know where shit comes from, etc. PREFERABLE.

tl;dr OP, much /lit/ is bad for your brain.
>>
>>7584058
You guys are alright. I think I would just start reading Marx right away.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.