[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone written on the subject of art? More specefically tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: art.jpg (790 KB, 3200x1982) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
790 KB, 3200x1982
Has anyone written on the subject of art? More specefically tried to define it to include good works of such as Beethoven and exclude 50 cent? I'm trying to argue against the moral relativists
>>
on the standard of taste
>>
>>7580861
morality ==//== aesthetics
>>
Yeah there is an ENTIRE philosophy field called Aesthetics.

Lessing - Laocoön
Kant - Critique of Judgement
Schlegel/Mendelssohn write some stuff on it
Adorno - Aesthetics
Deleuze has multiple works on the subject
>>
>>7580879
Furthermore, it's pretty easy to dismiss moral relativists, they're laughed out of academia. What's his central point of argument?
>>
>>7580879
I don't want to read all that, give me a TL;DR.

I just want to BTFO feminists
>>
a /pol/ shitpost without the word cuck, im surprised, sure here's som--

>I don't want to read all that

these fucking inbreds...
>>
>>7580888
fuck off

i hate feminists too but "I don't want to read"

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7580886
I'm dealing with a normie here.

His argument is anything can be considered art, All music, paint, film etc.
>>
>>7580934
Art used to be something to cherish

Now literally anything could be art

This post is art.
>>
>>7580934
>"normie"

You aren't on /r9k/

Define 'art' btw.
>>
>>7580861
>Has anyone written on the subject of art?
What a retarded question
>>
>>7580934
Well there are many definitions of art but going just by 2016 sensibilities I'd say he's correct.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.