[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Tristan und Isolde have greater literary merit than it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNzE0NzIzODU0[1].jpg (99 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNzE0NzIzODU0[1].jpg
99 KB, 1200x1200
Why did Tristan und Isolde have greater literary merit than it's peers? Why did Romanticism have to be such unsubtle, trite garbage in comparison?

Has there been any literature or music that has better touched the theme of longing better than Tristan und Isolde?
>>
Why are there so many autistic classicists on 4chan?
>>
>>7579566
Where is the classicism in my post?
>>
I want to create a NEW genre! FFFFFFFFFUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>7579572
You're one or the other m8. There is no in between.
>>
>>7579579
What?
>>
>>7579585
Nothing, never mind.
>>
The Tristan and Iseult story has a) romance, b) violence, c) magic, and d) tragedy. People tend to love all those things, and that's why it's successful.

It has continued to remain relevant now I believe largely due to the complexity of Strassburg's narrative (alongside with the mysteries of his life) and because Wagner decided to create a musical framework around it (I don't know much about Wagner so I can't tell you why).
>>
Because it was heavily influenced by Schopenhauer.
>>
>>7579592
>he thinks Wager is classical
Lmaaooooo
>>
>>7579871
Just so you know, Classical isn't the same as classical.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 678x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 678x900
Good question, Spengler considered the Tristan & Isolde symphony to be the last great composition in music.

Is it the subject matter? The tenuous hold between the traditional divided halves of Western Europe? It has a certain musk, an enigma!

https://youtu.be/9U1sYGV7uUU
>>
>>7580756
*traditionally
>>
>>7579871
When did I say that?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.