[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am >> I'm He is >> He's They are >>
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: giphy.gif (86 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
86 KB, 480x270
I am >> I'm
He is >> He's
They are >> They're

Why the fuck people write shouldn't instead of should'nt? The latter contraction makes more fucking sense
>>
because the missing "o" sound affects pronunciation, not the missing " " sound
>>
>>7579438
>I am >> Iam >> I'm
>He is >> Heis >> He's
They are >> Theyare >> They're
the apostrophe replaces one letter and a space
you, meanwhile, are a fucking retard
>>
>>7579452
wait... fuk
>>
>>
>>7579461
very appropriate memeing
>>
File: ijchad.jpg (99 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ijchad.jpg
99 KB, 640x640
>>7579461
infinitely well meme'd
>>
God you are so fucking autistic.

The apostrophe removes the vowel.

>I am - 'a' is removed
>He is - 'i' is removed
>They are - 'a' is removed

So it's only logical that the 'o' would be removed from "shouldn't".

You're actually retarded if you don't accept this rule of English.
>>
>>7579453
>So they are drawn to sympathy toward Islam because it is not-us: non-Western, non-American, neither Christian nor a product of the Enlightenment.
towards buddhism as well. but they are not against enlightenment. the liberal and libertarian have faith in what they call science, and they pray very hard that science will back up their human rights. if what they call science does not back up their moral principles, then they cease to call science what disagree with their faith in the human as a willing agent, who must be more or less autonomous depending on the liberal doctrine you study.
>>
>tfw you realise you can do double and triple contractions.

I will have -> I'll've
It could not have -> It'd'nt've

God bless.
>>
>>7579969
It'dn't've*

Whoops.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.