[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a recommended reading list for the Expanded Universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Is there a recommended reading list for the Expanded Universe? I don't really want to wade through all the YA books, I just want to know what I'm talking about when I discuss things and I'm a glutton for pain.

>inb4 pleb
>inb4 it's shit
>>
It's pleb. It's shit. Saying inb4 doesn't make you any less of a reddit faggot. Fuck off
>>
>>7578261
This.

Go back to reddit
>>
Go ask /co/, they know about those comic books.
>>
Don't inb4 your own thread you dongus. Try divining your own stories from the fecal matter of your loved ones.
>>
the comic books are better

also darth plagueis
>>
>>7578257
There's a Sci-Fi general, lad. Take your questions there.
Reported.
>>
The books are utter shit

Don't read them

Read the comics or play the games

Go to >>>/co/ or >>>/v/ for this
>>
File: Legacy is Best -Egacy.jpg (172 KB, 387x592) Image search: [Google]
Legacy is Best -Egacy.jpg
172 KB, 387x592
>>7578323
>>7578348
I've read most of the comics actually, I just never gave the novels much attention. Unless you're specifically talking about the adaptations like the ones for the Thrawn trilogy.

>>7578366
I know they're not the best, I'm asking anyway because I've done all that.
>>
>>7578365
Thanks, I'll try that.
>>
Splinter of the Minds Eye
Han Solo Adventure Trilogy
Lando Calrisian Adventures Trilogy
Thrawn Trilogy
Jedi Academy series.
After that, good luck.
>>
>>7578257
Thrawn trilogy
Darth Bane trilogy (edgemeister alert tho)
Republic Commando series (if you have a hard on for mandalorians)
Darth Plagueis
>>
>>7578366
>>7578348
>>7578369
The comics and games are also shit.
>>
>Is there a recommended reading list for the Expanded Universe?
Yes:
Don't.

I would instead recommend you read C.L. Moores Northwest Smith stories, Leigh Bracketts planetary romance stories, and Dune
>>
>>7579889
>Jedi Academy trilogy
you fucking double nigger
that is Kevin J Anderson garbage
It is so inconsistent and implausible that writers have inserted dialogue into subsequent stories criticising it!
How bad does your license media have to be for later media to criticise it?!

The rest of the Bantam era is just as bad. Bakura? Crystal Star? Darksaber? Planet of Twilight? Black Fleet? Most of this is barely even Star Wars, its bad Science Fantasy with the proprietary names slapped on. If they had original names it'd be published by Baen.

And then it went to Random House and turned into Warhammmer 40K - Star Wars is not and never has been grimdark and that is absurd.
>>
>>7580139
just as bad lol
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.