[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm discussing this at a book club tomorrow. Give me some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 223x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 223x351
I'm discussing this at a book club tomorrow.
Give me some interesting points or opinions to bring up.

>inb4 he rapes his sister phoebe
>>
Here's an interesting point: you should have read it and thought of some yourself, retard.
>>
He rapes his sister, Phoebe.
>>
>>7577784
>discussing this at a book club tomorrow.
>I need ideas for my book report /lit/ please help

UNDERAGE
>>
>>7577789
I have read it, I just can't think of any interesting points to make about it.

I feel your aggression is masking a similar cluelessness.
>>
ask yourself why the ending ends where it does and why holden is telling you that from a mental health facility

why does holden hate his dad

why is sex so repugnant to him

what does adulthood mean to him? inb4 phoniness, phoniness is a kid's conceptualization of a larger malaise, it's not actually what he doesn't like.
>>
he rapes franny
>>
>>7577784

When it comes to be your turn say "Well, the truth is that I thought it was low-brow trash and a huge waste of my time." Then you say "The time that it took to read that heap of shit would have been much better spent reading the Greeks and since I know that I'm right on this one I thought we could all just start that now" and once you say that you pull out a copy of "The First Philosophers: The Pre-Socratics and the Sophists" out of your bag and start reading it aloud. If you are confident enough in your delivery that you will convince enough people for it to work and not only will you get laid but you will propel an entire room-full of people on the path towards patrician-hood.
>>
File: 1452636907665.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1452636907665.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
>>7577807
>implying any of us have read it
>>
Talk about how Salinger's peodphilia is reflected in Holden
>>
Talk about how Holden's anger was really brought to the late after he rapes his sister Pheobe and then massacres all of those People. suggest it was an almost biblical parable, cautioning against schizophrenic paranoia and advocating for stricter evaluations and more available mental health services.
>>
>>7577865
>Implying you don't have to have patrician blood
My grandfather was Julius Caesar.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.