[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I keep writing? I've done a first draft of a novella
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: thepassionofcreation.jpg (133 KB, 644x497) Image search: [Google]
thepassionofcreation.jpg
133 KB, 644x497
How can I keep writing? I've done a first draft of a novella one month ago and now I'm rewriting everything, doing all from the zero. Some points of the plot I'll keep but others require that I change the structure so much that I don't know if I can cope with the new complexity that things are taking. I also know that it will take me a while rewriting and drafting so many times that I can't conceive if I'll really finish at the beginning of February. Why didn't you tell me that was so hard to be a writer?
>>
>>7577283
It's like that for any art form.
>>
>>7577283
The fact that you're actually doing major rewrites is good. A lot of people starting out writing only want to do grammar edits and minor line by line stuff after writing a long-ish first draft. Just remember to not overwrite your save files for the first, you may have some things you want to go back to after the second draft. Just save it as a second document. I learned the hard way.
>>
>>7577330
But it's a novella; it wasn't made to take so much time. I started to write it in december of 2015 and planned to finish now, in beginning of 2016, writing everyday. The first draft is good, some friends read and said that have pieces good and pieces bad, but I feel that something is missing, something with the characters and the theme in the plot.

It's about a guy that takes a candy and it changes the way that he perceives reality, realizing that he is a mere character of a fiction. Because of it he goes to a parallel world where he encounters his author, and ask him to rewrite his story to change the mistakes of his life. But the more he changes it the more strange reality and fiction becomes, and weird things start to appear in his world.

>>7577353
So I just have to accept that will cost me more time than I thought?
>>
>>7577397
>So I just have to accept that will cost me more time than I thought?
How can it "cost" time if it's fun?
>>
>>7577418
Welp, if while writing my prose is good, I'm having fun, if bad, I'm not.
>>
>>7577397
That sounds more like a novel idea than a novella idea to me. How long is it, presently?
>>
>>7577455
The first draft has about 20,000 words; I plan to cut more in this second draft. If all make all right, the novella will be very small and fast.
>>
>>7577478
>If I make*
>>
don't worry bro, just keep at it. chip away at it, every time you can

we're all gonna make it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.