[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to read a bunch of books that deal with themes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: AwNxC3UDUYZfsB4q9SmQYoTh.jpg (36 KB, 280x500) Image search: [Google]
AwNxC3UDUYZfsB4q9SmQYoTh.jpg
36 KB, 280x500
I'm trying to read a bunch of books that deal with themes like: islands, corruption of man, jungles, savages, stuff like that.

Do you have any suggestions beyond what I've already read? (Robinson Crusoe, Heart of Darkness, Island of Doctor Moreau, and pic related.)

Feel free to suggest classics or anything, really.
>>
The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne.
>>
Would anyone know if "The Possibility of an Island" is anything like what OP is looking for?
I haven't read it, just saw the name on here before.
>>
A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
All Soul's Rising by Madison Smartt Bell
The Kingdom of this World by Alejo Carpentier
>>
>>7574508
>>7574344

I'll look into them. Thank you.
>>
>>7574333
i am become /trash/
>>
Blood Meridian if you don't mind there being no islands or jungles.

I think you will like it.
>>
>>7575345
This is your chance to suggest something that will help set him on the path out of the wastebin and you squander it.
>>
The Rum Diary if you want something a little lighter. Not exactly "savages," but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Maybe Treasure Island.
>>
>>7574333
The Tempest.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.