[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is writing about sadness or the loss of a loved one tacky or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: restinpieces.gif (250 KB, 478x309) Image search: [Google]
restinpieces.gif
250 KB, 478x309
Is writing about sadness or the loss of a loved one tacky or insincere if you haven't experienced the exact circumstances you're writing about?
>>
la mort de l'auteur
>>
There are ways of understanding such experiences without experiencing them yourself
>>
Not necessarily, but probably.

Write about what you know.
>>
you can write from the experiences of your reading

it is only insincere to that which you are implying to have felt but not to that which you derived it from
>>
No. You should, however, be able to sublimate strong feelings from a different experience to your depiction in order to move your audience.

What do you remember about the powerful experience? Why? What kind of things make you remember it. What sensory details and/or objects are intertwined with your memory of this experience?

Once you've done this kind of self-analysis, you should be ready to imagine another experience and the details and circumstances around it.

It's also a good idea to speak with someone who has had the experience you want to write about, if it is possible.
>>
>>7574246
>It's also a good idea to speak with someone who has had the experience you want to write about, if it is possible.

"Ah, friend! How've you been?! I've been dying to know how awful you felt after the death of your wife!"
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.