[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you writing right now, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: qtsayswisething.png (59 KB, 609x354) Image search: [Google]
qtsayswisething.png
59 KB, 609x354
Why aren't you writing right now, /lit/?
>>
because fuck you fuck her fuck bowie fuck everything im out
>>
>>7573796
take it easy, friend
>>
>>7573784
there are over seven billion human beings on this planet. there is absolutely nothing i can do that no one of those others cannot and it is bizarrely egotistical for anyone to believe otherwise
>>
>>7573784

because I'm in a weird state where my poetry is far better than anything published in The Paris Review or in Poetry mag, but absolutely garbage compared to my current idols Hart Crane and Wallace Stevens. And I'm just kind of depressed thinking about how, even though there are still poetry readers today, I fear that there will be no generations in the future to read what I write, even if I reach my set goals and somehow surpass or equal my idols. It's cripplingly depressing. I'm playing video games endlessly for the first time in years because of it. It feels awful to be one of the last generations alive before the West crumbles and the United States Empire goes the way of Rome. We had such a great tradition of poetry going.
>>
>>7573784
If you need the death of someone else to convince you to try some thing...i doubt your heart will ever be or was ever in it.
>>
>>7573799
NO YOU DO NOT CONDESCEND YOU CONCEITED PRICK NICE DUBS
>>
>>7573843
>It feels awful to be one of the last generations alive before the West crumbles and the United States Empire goes the way of Rome.

People have been saying that every day since the United States became a global power.
>>
>>7573816
Only you can suicide yourself!
>>
>>7573925

they also were saying it in a time where people read literature and kept up a poetic and literary tradition. With the decline of its literature, a state fails. I really am quite positive that within our lifetimes the United States will fail spectacularly.
>>
File: 87.jpg (305 KB, 686x385) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
305 KB, 686x385
>>7573914
>>
>>7573931
Whatever keeps you from accomplishing your goals.
>>
>>7573931

Listen, son, if the United States were to "fail spectacularly" within our lifetime, the last thing you're going to have to worry about is literature.

If the U.S. goes, the whole world's probably gone.

To reiterate, I'm not talking slow decline here over centuries here. I'm talking about that quick, sudden fall.

The biggest superpower in the world falling within 1 generation would be the biggest event in the history of the world. Unprecedented. Never happened.

So chill out, homey.
>>
>>7573961
kek "within 1 generation"

The decline has been going on for a while anon, you just haven't noticed it.
>>
>>7573927
not according to courtney love
>>
>>7573974

No.
>>
>>7573985
Missing the reference, is it related to Kurt Cobain or one of her songs?
>>
>>7574008
she suicided kurt cobain in the face with a shotgun
>>
>>7574011
But anon, thats murder!
>>
>>7573784
I'm just not creative, I think. Not a NEET, but I have a boring life. That's why I read.
>>
I have 5 exams this week and I'm going to fail 4 of them (99.9% certainty) and probably the other one as well (50% chance)

And yet, here am I shitposting
>>
>>7574011
DELETE THIS
>>
>>7574003
Yes.

>can't pass funding for the government without being on the brink of bankruptcy
>aggressively attacking other nations in order to slow our own decline, as well as boost our self-confidence
>presidential candidates becoming increasingly shit every year
>generation after boomers is expected to have a lower life expectancy, on average, than their parents
>giant political fights on just trying to control our own border
>>
>>7574013
not according to the police reports
>>
>>7574021

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
I practice the art of memory. Alas, tis a solitary venture.
>>
File: 1430790865053.jpg (34 KB, 640x585) Image search: [Google]
1430790865053.jpg
34 KB, 640x585
>>7573784

>mfw she actually calls him "Davis Bowie" in one post
>>
>>7574028
kek, the denials of a dying empire
>>
>>7573843

>It feels awful to be one of the last generations alive before the West crumbles and the United States Empire goes the way of Rome.

I despise people like you. That smug sense of superiority, yet you don't actually do anything - you ride the high moral horse yet wallow in your own state - a mental cripple, paralized by his own insecurities. You glorify your failure, because "atleast I'm better than all of those plebeians that are getting published".

No. You're not. You're just a guy who is doing absolutely nothing. There's nothing heroic about it.

There is no dieing generation. There is no need for your Swan song. For the last few hundred years poetry was not a thing of the masses and it won't be in the future.
>>
>>7574052
>the pessimism of a man too afraid to make his dreams a reality
>>
>>7574045

Give your keyboard a quick look-see, noting on particular the placement of the S and D keys
>>
>>7573816
No one has experienced your life you dumb cuck. To think you're not unique is bizarrely retarded.
>>
>>7573961

>The biggest superpower in the world falling within 1 generation would be the biggest event in the history of the world. Unprecedented. Never happened.
>Never happened

are you perhaps slightly braindamaged?
>>
>>7574060

On the other hand though - How many names are there that have the starting letters Davi? Davir? Davik? Davio? Daviq? Davil?

I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but really man, how are you going to make a spelling mistake when all you're typing is one singular sentence.
>>
>>7574063
I have experience my life before, so have you. It is statistically impossible that this is the first time we've been alive, and equally impossible that we never will again.

Free will is a lie. Agency doesn't exist. We're all treading familiar waters with no memories and affixed to the currents of "time" that are as unyielding as existence.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (127 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
127 KB, 504x470
I've got a fever.
I should be studying.
I should be working out.
I've got shit to watch/read.
>>
>>7574059
>Implying I'm this guy:
>>7573843

keks
>>
>>7573816

PARKLIFE!
>>
>>7573914

>The death of someone was never the catalytic moment for anything significant in history
>>
>>7574056
There is something heroic about doing nothing. Go back to the cynics my man. Or read Cioran.
>>
>>7574075
y i k e s
>>
>>7574111
what's the matter, did my truthbombs scare you? did i just wake you up from a lifetime of complicit intellectual slumber?
>>
>>7574075
kill yourself and move onto your next life. maybe then you wont be a cynical fuck
>>
>>7574122
the problem is the next life i experience must by definition be this identical one i am living now

hell is real, it is inescapable, and we are all living it
>>
>>7574079
Oh so you must be a European then who came slithering in to assist the faithless poet with his US-bashing.
>>
>>7574130
I like this
It made me laugh
>>
>>7574143
like it has countless times before... and an infinite number more to come...
>>
>>7574065

Within 1 generation. Are you?

Name one world's largest superpower in the history of the world that fell in 1 generation.
>>
>>7574102

At least the cynics were openly doing nothing, showing their good-for-nothing attitude off to others. The guy I replied to was just cashing in for some internet admiration, That is despicable, atleast imo.
>>
>>7573843
aspiring trolls of /lit/: this is what high quality bait looks like.
>>
>>7574159

cold war

USA and the USSR are the worlds biggest superpower

USSR goes from being almost up-to-par with the US to sitting on the bench. Now they have to show their "power" by annexing Crimea. Fucking embarrassing.

Thank you based Gorbatschow.
>>
>>7574131
muh muh country feels

usa numba 1
>>
>>7574182
>criticizing cultural identity

what are you, some kind of faggot?
>>
>>7574176

I'm sorry, anons, I can't work with this type of stupid.
>>
>>7574207

its ok man muster up some courage come back anytime
>>
>>7574075
>>7574130
hey pal. did it ever occur to you that choosing to believe this is making you miserable?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.