[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what direction do you see literary trends moving in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: takyon.jpg (470 KB, 2320x3372) Image search: [Google]
takyon.jpg
470 KB, 2320x3372
what direction do you see literary trends moving in?
>>
>>7573538
The experiences of those in the third world. On one hand I despise this because its often pushed on us re: multiculturalism. On the otherhand, it stimulates my curiosity.

Marlon James, thiong'o, the masses of new chinese pop lit, etc
>>
>>7573538
I see many advances in shitposting and greentexting.
>>
>>7573548
>On one hand I despise this because its often pushed on us re: multiculturalism.
No. It. Does. Not.

A book of some dude in some african village is a book about some dude in some african village. As a matter of fact, the book may very well describe an extremely monocultural society.

If you're one of the sad few that thinks that books are instructions to do things, please stay away from super hero comics. You may jump off a skyscraper.
>>
File: 1446361971574.png (686 KB, 756x813) Image search: [Google]
1446361971574.png
686 KB, 756x813
>>7573548
>Muh Cultural Marxism
>Muh White Utopia
>Muh Vocabulary Consisting Exclusively Of Politically Co-opted Catchphrases & Buzzwords
>Muh Jooish Overlords

Get fucked, turd. Nobody pushes anything on anyone. You are not obligated to participate in society.

OP, there are nummore literary trends. Only memes. Exploration of emotional encumbrances & relative safespace bullshit. I'd blame women & female teenagers if I cared enough to care at all. My only consolation is that I have hundreds of years worth of classical lit to discover & explore.
>>
I think every year society gets more and more liberal and free-thinking, especially when it comes to the media. You see this in movies and television. A long time ago it was a big deal to say "ass" on television; now you can pretty much say whatever you want as the taboos have fallen one after the other. Books are just as much a medium as movies and television, so I think you're gonna see the same thing. I think you're gonna start seeing a lot more curse words in books and talk about sex and graphic violence. You're gonna see a lot more adults acting up, misbehaving, and being wildly irresponsible.
>>
based miki berenyi
>>
>>7573538
absolute banality
>>
>>7574264
>Who is Henry Miller
>Who is William S Burroughs
>Who is J.D Salinger
>Who is Marquis de Sade
>>
>>7573538
I came here only to request more Lush.
>>
File: image.png (114 KB, 347x344) Image search: [Google]
image.png
114 KB, 347x344
>>7574264
>implying television has, is, or ever will be more liberal or unsolicitored than literature.

How does one even come to the conclusion that everything on TV hasn't been done/talked about/exhausted time and time again through writing?
>>
>>7573538
identity politics
muh victimhood
down with whitey
white male lit skills are oppressive and a thought crime
>>
>>7574349
SJWism

God help us all
>>
>>7574264

>liberal and free-thinking
>sex and violence
>misbehaving

whoa now, let's not get too radical. We don't want to corrupt the youth.
>>
>>7574247
>>7574197
If they are the ones getting press and awards, it's being pushed, despite your bleeding hearts.
>>
>>7574349
>>7574354
>>7574391
dont worry, soon the literary world will be dominated by odes to emperor trump and epics relating the glories of the white aryan race. DEUS VULT!
>>
>>7574391
omg the salt in this thread
>>
File: salty.jpg (80 KB, 278x399) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
80 KB, 278x399
>>7574475
so much salt
>>
File: 131.jpg (75 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
75 KB, 500x529
>>7574316
I really like the 90s zeitgeist. I wish there was a literary movement that captures the melancholy foggy numb feeling shoegaze gives you
>>
File: 121.jpg (84 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
84 KB, 500x750
>>7574483
salt and reverb
>>
I see new literature clogging the drain, however I also see the classics busting through with light to be reclaimed again--also illuminating the new, soon-to-be "classics" (a small handful).
>>
Literature evolved and became memes.
>>
romantic realism
>>
Literary trends will be shit. It will be awful "literature" not worth reading. The last 20 years have been awful for literature, and it can only get worse from here.
>>
>>7573538
who is the lush of literature?
>>
File: dwa.jpg (529 KB, 1673x2298) Image search: [Google]
dwa.jpg
529 KB, 1673x2298
distancing ourselves from post-modernism
>>
>>7576290
and thank fucking god for that.
>>
>>7574391
are you braindead? reading a story about another culture, separate and distinct from your own, it is not multiculturalism that is being pushed on you, but stories from other cultures. multiculturalism looks like multiple cultures (hence, multiculturalism) within one geographic/social region. For example: saudis, ukrainians, serbs, british, namibians all living in one city/neighbourhood.

tldr ur fucking stupid cunt
>>
>>7574495
mm preach nig
>>
>>7574315
>who is James Joyce
>who is D H Lawrence
>who is Socrates
>>
>>7573538
Literature becomes fused with the pop culture industrial complex. Books become part of larger multimedia franchises, academia merges with marketing, journalism and the meme production apparatus. Different forms blur together into all pervading multimedia brands concentrated in the power of a handful of corporations
>>
>>7576379
so novels written in english and published in the western european literary sphere about third worlders wouldn't somehow be bringing in third world culture to be sanitized and neutered in a multicultural system?
>>
Neo-New Wave Post-Hipsterism, and Post-Neo-Romanticism.
>>
Cyber-Islamic mysticism
>>
File: 1406762671590.png (92 KB, 283x343) Image search: [Google]
1406762671590.png
92 KB, 283x343
>>7573538
Internet ennui coupled with romantic notions of the past while completely ignoring the very "systems of oppression" that occurred. At least for Western writers coming from MFAs.
>>
I think we will see a new renaissance, a return to the classical method later this century, after everyone realises that there's pretty much no new innovative ideas to be had in arts.

We can make it happen /lit/, just start with the greeks for now.
>>
>>7576438
literally stop liking what i don't like tier
>>
>>7576463

Cyberpunk Dune?

Actually that sounds more like the space religion in the Riddick movies.
>>
>>7573538
Lush rules
>>
Rebellious new sincerity. Not like what Wallace said. I'm talking about sincere, legitimate racism, sexism... anti-institutionalism, but without any of the postmodern markings. Acknowleding that Africa was totally uncultivated pre-colonialism, that certain races are statistically proven to be smarter, etc.; against PC culture, possibly, maybe something else like philosophical anti-vitalism or whatever. Very 4chan. I study critical theory and I'm being totally serious.
>>
>>7576689
>Acknowledging that Africa was totally uncultivated pre-colonialism

[source needed]
>>
>>7576718
none needed :^)
>>
>>7574264
Are you implying the cursing in books is tasteless? Not that I'd care if so, but I'm currently working on a project in which even the narrator curses, and it's an omniscient narrator too.
>>
>>7576718

I'm not /pol/, but isn't it kind of interesting that they were sitting on one the richest deposits of natural resources on the planet while living in huts made of shit?
>>
>>7577043
Not even doing the we wuz kings meme Anon, but African history has quite a bit more than mudhuts and tribal warfare.
>>
>>7574506
>>7574495
>>7574316
>>7573538

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPjGcHMGiTk

>>7574247
>Nobody pushes anything on anyone

what is genital mutilation?
>>
>>7577063
Quite a bit is quite a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? Reigns being large enough to be called empires doesn't make them any more consequent by western standards.
>>
>>7577092
They're equally consequential to, say, southeast Asian "empires" in the pre-Modern era. ie, not consequent at all to Western people, but then, being or not being Western is not the basis for all judgment on human affairs and history.
>>
>>7577090
>what is genital mutilation?
>implying its bad

Literally cures feminism. it may seem barabaric, but better than having hordes of hysterical bitches running around pouncing on any dick they can find. what's the problem with it?
>>
>>7577145

>it may seem barabaric, but better than having hordes of hysterical bitches running around pouncing on any dick they can find

what kind of literature or narcotics do I need to consume to understand your desert joyknob magick theory
>>
>>7577092
they waz kings
>>
the trend that will make me angry
>>
>>7577043
They lived in shit hits BECAUSE they had such easy access to all those natural resources. Surviving was generally easy so a comfortable life did not really require any ambition.

Idk if that makes any sense but I've always thought that desu
>>
>>7577145
You are so mad online
>>
>>7577145
bitter virgin detected
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.