[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've reserved a few books from the local library. Please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I've reserved a few books from the local library. Please rate them, /lit/, and tell me if I've chosen any duds.

-Game of Thrones
-The Seven Basic Plots (Pic related)
-The Once and Future King
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (6 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
6 KB, 250x226
>-Game of Thrones
BAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7573201
It's a magnificent waste of time.

You'll enjoy it OP
>>
>>7573201
Never so much as touched it, neither the show nor the books. You can't blame me for being curious as to what it's all about. It's like not knowing what Harry Potter's all about circa mid 2000s, it drives you crazy.
>>
>>7573182
Second and third are good. First is pleb tier shit.
>>
Game of Thrones is a really boring read. I can't fathom its appeal - it's just not interesting, dull, leaden. And I'm saying this as a fantasy reader. There's so many better books of its kind out there.
>>
>>7573229
Explain. From what little I've seen of it, it looks to be classic fantasy with heavy doses of political intrigue.

I love me some political intrigue.
>>
>>7573239
Really? Doesn't it have action and gore and all of that? That's the reputation, at least.
>>
>>7573245
Yeah, there's that. I honestly don't care all that much about them and I don't feel they're what the genre is "about", but people seem to like it. Go figure. I'd rather watch Valhalla Rising and the read what, Mieville maybe or Vandermeer or Wolfe. Read it and see for yourself tho, it may just come down to taste.
>>
>>7573182

All duds. If you want some fantastical writing that isn't garbage, I would read some of the following:

- The Magus by John Fowles
- Anything by Gene Wolfe
- maybe a Samuel Delaney novel
- V. by Pynchon

There you go. Some fun fiction that isn't garbage. Enjoy reading some things of consequence.
>>
>>7573229
You better not be lying to me because i read the first and it was shit. Got the other ones right here.
>>
>>7573182
Get Gormenghast
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.