[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ please stop recommending me fucking cuck shit like pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: the-tunnel[1].jpg (22 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
the-tunnel[1].jpg
22 KB, 320x480
/lit/ please stop recommending me fucking cuck shit like pic related. I am already close to breaking point and the books you keep recommending me are only making things worse. Last book I read because of here was The Sun Also Rises. I picked this one up thinking it would be something more inspiring, but it's cuck shit again. Not just cuck shit but self-effacing overindulgently nihilist cuck shit. I have a girlfriend who loves me but I treat her like shit because of these books. My therapist says every time I read one of these books I am feeding a self-pitying ego falling into a pattern of disrepair and masturbatory suffering. I almost read Infinite Jest but I guess that's cuck shit too. I came on here to get away from /b/ but you guys are just the same, it's awful.

Please can I have a trigger list before I pick up another cuck book and destroy my life some more.
>>
>not a cuck
>goes to /lit/

Get out.
>>
Hey OP you should read Ernst Junger "Storm of Steel" next. Or Celine's "Journey to the End of the Night" or Hamsun's "Growth of the Soil". Despair is presented as sensitivity to young intellectuals in order to cuck them into a life of effete liberal servitude. Basically, just read anything that was written by an author with Fascist sympathies. "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" is good as well. It isn't "pro-nazi" but the badass moves that Adolf made as a young man and the Rise of an empire in general are vitalizing themes. In terms of American /lit/, read some Thoreau or Jack London or "You Can't Win" by Jack Black (not the fatass actor)
>>
>>7572884
Hadji Murat is next on my list. I am serious though is it possible for a list of cuck books that I can avoid? I have a suspicion for example about Infinite Jest. Don Quixote. The Great Gatsby. Literally anything where the focus of the book is women not loving you because those books are tearing my life apart.
>>
>>7572913
Yea avoid IJ because DFW was a severe autist faggot w/ too much time on his hands. Don Quixote is just archaic nonsense. You have to find what affirms life. It isn't easy because to me, writing about life instead of living it is a sign of weakness usually. Literature is a refuge for failures. I would suggest reading the meditations of Marcus Aurelius.
>>
>>7572932
After I finished The Tunnel I sent my ex a load of angry texts about how she doesn't understand how I feel because she's never loved someone. I can't even describe how depressed I was for weeks after The Sun Also Rises. Why do people even write these books only to make other people as miserable as they are, it's cruel.
>>
I recommend "The Kreutzer Sonata" by Leo Tolstoy.
>>
>>7573011
>The Kreutzer Sonata
Wow. That sounds like a exact rip-off material for The Tunnel, actually.
>>
read The Ascent of Mt. Carmel by St. John of the Cross
>>
>>7572932
>Don Quixote is just archaic nonsense.
You are fucking retarded.

>>7572834
>cuck
>cuck shit
>cuck book
Please use words that mean something. Do you want uplifting books or something?
>>
I know that feel, OP. I have literally refrained from reading Ulysses so far because cuckoldry triggers me.
>>
>>7572834

>I am feeding a self-pitying ego falling into a pattern of disrepair and masturbatory suffering.

Wait, isn't that basically what seeing a therapist is all about?
>>
>>7573053
I want books that are not about women not loving the main character as most of the books recommended here seem to be
>>
>>7572913

As far as I remember, Don Quixote doesn't have any cucking. I might recall incorrectly, and so there could be a bit of it in one of the digressions, but it's not at all prevalent. Much more prevalent is idealistic love.

The anon who called it archaic nonsense is an irredeemable idiot. You should check it out.
>>
Read some Houellebecq. Let the hatred flow through you.
>>
>>7573078
That's just life, pal.
>>
>>7573085
Found the cuck
>>
>>7573078

Master and Margarita then.

Your post made me realize how much literature involves cucking or unrequited love. You should really learn how to be able to deal with it when it's fictional mate.
>>
>>7572834

is this an elaborate posting persona? 'deluded guy blames book recommendations for his numbness and misogyny.' if you made up this character for /lit/ i applaud you and i think you have a real short story here.
>>
>>7572834
start reading some Bernard Malamud. he puts the smile back on life in a way that is effective for miserable people, maybe.
>>
That book was good as fuck OP you shut your whore mouth. Also, the Tunnel is his philosophical work(which is excellent), but you should read his magnum opus Sobre Heroes Y Tumbas. Excellent prose about a decadent family in Buenos Aires
>>
>>7572834

Avoid The Brothers Karamazov, mate. Grushenka, a prolific slut, cucks a multitude of guys at once, driving them to near insanity and some to death.
>>
> Posting on 4chan
> Unironically using the word 'trigger'
Top fuckin' kek m8
>>
>>7572834
Bawwww and neuroses
>>
>>7572834

You sound like that autistic 30-something-year-old guy from the movie Silver Linings Playbook, who reads Hemingway and goes mental because of the cucking. Good thing you're already going to a therapist.
>>
If you were serious about your problems you'd stop going on 4chan
>>
>>7573109
>start reading some Bernard Malamud

What do you recommend?
>>
>>7572913
Hadji Murat is great.
>>
File: silesi.jpg (102 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
silesi.jpg
102 KB, 600x800
>>7573036
>>7572884
good recs
>>
File: everyone needs to read this.jpg (46 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
everyone needs to read this.jpg
46 KB, 750x600
>>
>>7572834
the problem is you're too much of a moron to understand a book like this.
>>
>>7572834
The main character in "the sun also rises" is not a fucking cuck. He could have had Brett anytime he wanted, Brett herself tells him that. He was maimed in the war (had his dick blown off/amputated) so he can never fully realize his relationship with a woman. This allows him as the only characterin the novel not to act like an angry faggot when Brett is around since he's no longer invested into sex.

He's also into bull-fighting and fishing, traditionally masculine activities. Mayve you should re-read the book

>>7573011
>>7573021
This is a great recommendation, a story about how modern women are garbage. The fact that you don't recognize this further shows your faggotry
>>
I heard kokoro has a major slut in it, is it true?
>>
>>7572834
Read Madame Bovary. You'll love it.
>>
No can do hombre, basically all literature, from Dante to today, is just men venting about wily women or women daydreaming about fucking around. There is nothing else.
>>
>>7574673
wow I had no idea he couldn't fuck. changes everything
>>
>>7573096

>using /lit as a test chamber for your characters

not a bad idea 2bh
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.