[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How articulate are you? Is being articulate an indication of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (674 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
674 KB, 2448x3264
How articulate are you? Is being articulate an indication of being well read?
>>
>>7571198

Very, yes.
>>
>How articulate are you?
what criteria are you using?
>Is being articulate an indication of being well read?
no.
>>
File: 1451537160893.png (609 KB, 805x741) Image search: [Google]
1451537160893.png
609 KB, 805x741
>>
>>7571241
Fuck off, faggot. Literally take your Reddit memes back to Reddit with you.

>
>>
>>7571242
this is an organic /lit/ meme
it may be mildly cancerous, but you can't say it's not part of the culture
it makes me smile, anyway. i've been here almost since the beginning
>>
>>7571244
I fucking hate this meme. It wouldn't be so bad if Inifinite Meme was remotely decent, but it's not. It's a fucking /b/-tier meme
>>
Niggas be overusing the word meme in this thread. even the word meme itself is played out , like the memes are. we need not memes but wholly new art.

i dont know how articulate i am, and yes, it is
>>
File: Vatican Choir.jpg (289 KB, 1536x1023) Image search: [Google]
Vatican Choir.jpg
289 KB, 1536x1023
>>7571258
actually no, i changed my answer. its not necessarliy an indication of well-read. it can be a marker of how educated your parents are. it is also usually a trait of the well-heeled. Ive met well-spoken rich kids who party and smoke weed, never reading.
>>
File: image.png (281 KB, 638x434) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281 KB, 638x434
>>7571242
>>
>>7571260
that seems like a fresh new dfw, familia. mind if I save it?
>>
>>7571249
/b/ has some good memes and you know it
that's all they're good for, at least give them that
>>
>>7571198
No, just high iq
>>
File: 1450625510420.jpg (42 KB, 508x472) Image search: [Google]
1450625510420.jpg
42 KB, 508x472
>>7571198
Nope. I read a lot but I'm in STEM and have Aspergers so I have a hard time expressing myself. I wanted to be a writer when I was a teenager but my prose is too straightforward and dry to be entertaining.
>>
>>7571219
Wrong
>>
Yes, yes
(I think it's pretty obvious that said statement is true considering the quality of my response)
>>
i am not in the least articulate. my vocabulary is large and my essays read academic enough to publish, clever, well-researched and convincing. my prose has been published and people i respect appreciate my poetry.

when i speak i sound like an idiot. picture zizek speaking but replace the gesturing with long pauses and stammering and the verbal tics with expletives and 'you know' and 'yeah'. also replace the lacanian/marxist jargon for really crude similes. i've been accused of dumbing down my speech for people and it's really aggravating, like they're accusing me of being pretentious because i can't speak well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.