[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 10619-vzqmb1.jpg (230 KB, 1520x1029) Image search: [Google]
10619-vzqmb1.jpg
230 KB, 1520x1029
What went wrong?
>>
That fucking hat
>>
>>7570259
posting a meme
>>
sleep tight pratter
>>
File: 1378018562582.jpg (640 KB, 2751x2757) Image search: [Google]
1378018562582.jpg
640 KB, 2751x2757
>tfw granny weatherwax's death is now canon
>tfw she was replaced as the leader of the witches coven by some useless landwhale with tumblr tier mental health problems
>>
>>7570259
>give life's big questions small answers
>give life's small questions big answers

"What does it mean to live a good life?"
>Eat marmalade and don't listen to polka! xD

"Why is traffic so bad all the time?"
>THE HIGHWAY SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED BY AN EVIL CULT SPECIFICALLY TO BE THE BIGGEST EVIL EVER XDXDXDXDXD

Repeat x9999 until rich from reddit dollars.

What ever went right?
>>
>>7570311
>>7570457
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>7570514
It's how every single Discworld book is written. First one was in Guards Guards or possibly the one about the post office, second one is the plot of good omens. But basically any random page he has ever written will follow that formula.
>>
File: 1387713305322.png (124 KB, 373x344) Image search: [Google]
1387713305322.png
124 KB, 373x344
Pretty much everything after Night's Watch.

You can chart his slow decline towards death over those 12 books.
>>
>>7570259
Can't tell if meme or just shit taste. Pterry was the best.
>>
There are only 3 discworld games right?
I played the point and click adventure type games and i loved the hell out of them, is there anything else?
>>
It all went down after the dubs
>>
>>7570259
He started trying to reflect real-life stuff instead of keeping his fiction about fantasy and stories. I noticed this first in Men At Arms, dropped the book, read a smattering of later ones and it holds true.
His best book is Wyrd Sisters because it bases itself so heavily on Shakespeare and metanarratives.
>>
i currently finished mosntrous regiment.
it was mildly entertanining, at best.
will read on to finish the last few books, but i hope they wont get worse ..
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.