[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
separating the patricians from the plebeians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1452481841885.webm (2 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452481841885.webm
2 MB, 720x1280
>"Anon, let me show you this trick I learned from a John Green video!"

What do /lit/? Have a nice relaxing later-on-nostalgia-inducing day lounging in the park with prime young pussy? Or walking away right that second and going to your writing cellar to work on your book in solitude for the next 10 hours in order to maintain patrician cred?
>>
>That's cool. Hey, if you want to hear about the opinions of a person that isn't suffering from severe Asperger's, you should really check out <preferred author>

Works every time.
>>
>>7570227
she didn't ask me to read one of his books
what are you, a faggot?
>>
>>7570227
>video
crashcourse?
no worries anon
>>
File: 1452480932951.png (13 KB, 522x428) Image search: [Google]
1452480932951.png
13 KB, 522x428
Follow this list, I guess
>>
>>7570298
spot the weeb
>>
File: painting.jpg (183 KB, 743x1129) Image search: [Google]
painting.jpg
183 KB, 743x1129
>>7570227

Regine forgave Kierkegaard for leaving her to follow his passions, that's what I tell myself...
>>
>>7570298
>dance is not at the bottom
>music is represented
>blacks commit 90% of Japan's murder
>>
File: d6f.jpg (18 KB, 403x389) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
18 KB, 403x389
>>7570298
>mfw theatre is below painting
>mfw theatre is below novel
>mfw novel is below painting
>mfw dance isn't on the same level as music
>mfw comic books are below anime
>mfw video games are below cartoons
>mfw sculpting is even on this list
>mfw poetry isn't even on this list
>mfw this list even exists
>>
>>7570298
Ha ha ha
In general, arts are sophisticated relative to 1. how much effort you have to put into comprehending them 2. how hard they are to produce 3. how expensive they are
therefore the ranking should be
>Opera
>Theatre
>Novels
>Painting
>Film
>Music/Sculpture
>Television/Comic Book/Dance
>Anime/Cartoon/Video Game
>>
I wish it weren't the case, but I would likely let that genuinely get to me, and would be a dick about it.

I manage to ruin every conversation I ever have with any girl, so now it's almost just a game of looking for ways to tank spectacularly.
>>
>>7570298
I love opera but it is little more than cheesy melodrama and unsubtle musicality.
>>
>>7570315
BUT SHE DIDN'T ANON

SHE DIDN'T!
>>
Patrician: Tundra
Pleb: Hypersphere
>>
>>7570227

good lord she's qt

hold me /lit/
>>
>>7570358
>arts are sophisticated relative to how expensive they are
>how hard they are to produce

HA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well shit I guess antimatter is THE GREATEST ART OF ALL TIME you fucking PLEB
>>
>>7570227
>that dimple

I think I'm in love
>>
File: 1452122882949.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1452122882949.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>7570298
>>7570358
Are you cucks including twing twangs and bleep bloops into music here or are you actually talking about music?
>>
>>7570638
You're 'that guy' who post a Realism portrait and then laments his generation
>>
>>7570643
The democratization of art was unequivocally a disaster.
>>
>>7570358

How about rating the art only by it's it's effects on the receiver. Who the fck looks at a sculpture and gets the same think as reading a good book or watching a good movie
>>
>All of you are truly this pretentious
Guys works of art about enjoying yourself, not about how well you can wave your dick on some mongolian pedophile forum.
>>
>>7570298
>no poetry
>no mathematics
re
>>
i really regret not making the effort to meet people while in college. it was probably the last chance i had to meet cultured/intelligent women.
>>
>>7570666
>hey guys let me do you a favor and just solve the entire philosophical branch of aesthetics in a two line 4chan post
>>
>>7570666
you should read a book before you post on lit
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.