[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain to me how the Q source theory is more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: dvhlb98.jpg (163 KB, 836x1000) Image search: [Google]
dvhlb98.jpg
163 KB, 836x1000
Can someone please explain to me how the Q source theory is more viable than the account given by Papias of Hierapolis? The synoptic Gospels cover a lot of the same territory, but...they don't do it verbatim, they do it in different styles, and except for Luke (which was the only Gospel not written by one of Christ's direct disciples), in very Hebraic syntax and style, which evinces a translation (Harold Bloom criticized the literary merit of the Gospels precisely because they feel like they are clumsily written by in Greek in the style and syntax of Hebrew or Aramaic). Then there is the this idea that the Gospel of John came from a wildly different sect than the rest of the Gospels, when the truth is simply that the Gospel of John was the Gospel that was only for full Christians (even today, before saying the Nicene Creed, which takes the place of the traditional Christian confession formula stating Jesus Christ is God, the Orthodox Church says "guard the doors!", which was something started to give the alarm in case Pharisees were coming by, and this is also the time when catechumens, that is, Christians who were not fully initiated, had to depart).

The biggest mark against Papias' account is---the Gospels give indications that the Temple of Jerusalem will be destroyed (now that Christ's Body replaces it), so historians beg the question and say they must have been composed after the Destruction of the Temple, since actually predicting it is out of the question.
>>
Bueller?
>>
>>7570131

https://clyp.it/2ff22f1w
>>
>>7570131
Fishermen dont have "Mark" "Luke" and "Matthew"'s masterful knowledge of Greek. And yes I reject speaking in tongues.

But since your arguments in previous threads show that you actually consider the Bible a non-biased truthful source and make excuses for contradictory phrasing and evidence, and since you are willing to overturn rooted scholarly theory on the authority fragments of a highly biased second century source, there isn't much purpose in the thread.

Ive read Burton Mack's work, and he makes a very convincing argument, and your snooty little comment on the temple at the end shows you put your bones in theology over scholarship.
>>
>>7570131
>which was the only Gospel not written by one of Christ's direct disciples

You mean Thomas right
>>
>>7570667
Or MAYBE james
>>
>>7570659
>masterful knowledge of Greek
A: Luke was a doctor, not a fishmen
B: The others look like translations, they aren't masterful by any means.

>>7570667
By "Gospel" I mean the canonical Gospels.

St. James is generally accepted, by the way, but the Canonical Gospels were about Christ's role as the victor over death.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.