[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could any of you recommend literature that sort of resembles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Could any of you recommend literature that sort of resembles greentext stories on 4chan? Basically stuff written by outcasts, weird stories like that? I like Bukowski and I sort of like Dennis Cooper. I'm looking for autobiographicalish stuff about maybe "disenfranchized" youth or something. Obscene stories about alternative kids.
>>
>>7569706
catch her in the rye
>>
>>7569706
Franz Kafka

Metamorphosis is the best story about a NEET ever written
>>
>>7569754
Verwandlung is not entirely a story concerning a NEET, considering the fact that Gregor Samsa is the sole source of income in the family.
It is rather a story of a massive cuck and beta.
>>
>>7569706
Book of Disquiet
Notes from Underground
Catcher in the Rye
No Longer Human
Sanshiro
Maybe Oblomov?
We really need to make a loner core.
>>
thanks. another thing that would be nice would be if it was modern.
>>
>>7569706
>>7570064
Hyper-sphere ;^)

Honestly though, I can't really think of anything that perfectly fits what you're looking for.
Maybe "My Twisted World" by Elliot "Can't Dodge the Rodge" rodger
>>
>>7570071
>"My Twisted World" by Elliot "Can't Dodge the Rodge" rodger

thanks. I'm just curious, why is there no literature like this? about basically the life of a 4chan person? i don't think it would be boring to me
>>
>>7570129
There probably is and we haven't heard of it, either because it's shit, a suicide note, or unpublished. Also the type of indolence and self-deprecation/hatred 4cahn creates in the mind doesn't lend itself to a book, much less creating one. Pessoa was about as close to getting the "4chan person" with Soares in the Book of Disquiet, but even then there's some key differences.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 600x324
>>
the response you don't want to get to this:
sam pink
noah cicero
*gasp* tao lin
etc. etc.
>>
>>7570173

i appreciate your response. but why do you say it doesn't lend itself to a book? because it would be "boring"? it's something i would really relate to...
>>
>>7569706

Ask the Dust by John Fante

Charles Bukowski was a big fan, if that tells you anything.
>>
>>7570210
I don't think literature in the conventional sense with compelling characters, plot, action, and etc. lends itself to the 4chan dynamic. If we take some of the common traits of a 4channer, (or at least traits that are observable of an extremely large anonymous community) it's dilettantism, inaction, disdain for contemporaries, and loneliness. To capture what's like to be such a person, literature would have to forego plot in favor of static action, relationships in place of internal dialogue, character development in exchange for stunted growth. The end result would look less like a book with a starting, middle, and end point and more like a continuous stream of a certain personality: a diary. If you were to create a book with all the conventional mechanics and still emphasize on the 4chan personality, I suppose you would have a work that is either demeaning to the personality or not showing the full extent and gravity of the personality.

Now being a diary doesn't make something automatically juvenile or bad, but it has different criterion from being literature.
>>
>>7570356

thanks for your response.

to be honest, diaries are kind of what i am looking for, at least at this point. i like reading people's diaries, basically. but i don't know where to find them. i can find people's blogs but they often arent personal or they aren't that interesting.

and so im left with people on 4chan posting their greentext stories

do you know of any blogs like that?
>>
>>7569706
Tucker Max
>>
File: 1452122677347.jpg (86 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1452122677347.jpg
86 KB, 480x480
>>7569706
Journey to the End of the Night

pic related, only other piece that even comes close is Gaspar NoƩ's film "Seul contre tous" (1998)
>>
>>7569706
There's this one book called Microserfs which is told in like a series of E-Mails. I haven't read it though, only heard about it.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186AA5L4?keywords=greentext&qid=1452492155&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
>>
>>7570433
The Book of Disquiet is pretty much exactly what you want then.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.