[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being /lit/ in public
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 1452460652728.png (69 KB, 732x392) Image search: [Google]
1452460652728.png
69 KB, 732x392
Look at picrelated. There it is. Your chance to enlighten the plebeians, possibly spark the artistic fervour inside someone who may not know their potential. Convince Frances that she's wrong! Write as if your comment will be publicly seen on facebook under your own name.
>>
>>7569575
She already too lost to be saved.
If you're that set in your point of view, there is no convincing you.
>>
>>7569582

"Ewwww, "The Egotist", you're so creepy, lol! No wonder you don't talk in class!"
>>
>>7569593
Is there a point to this comment?
I'll admit I'm lazy and it isn't impossible to convince anyone.
But the chances of succeeding are low enough with a person like in OP's related for it to not be worth it.

It's a lot like choosing your friends. Sure you could try to be friends with everyone. But some people aren't worth the effort.
Most actually, but that bit is an opinion.
>>
>>7569611
I think his point is that your tripcode makes you a hundred times more of a faggot than you'd ever be while anon.

That being said, I agree with you.
>>
>>7569860
Works for me.

He doesn't have to like the tripcode.
Just like that shouldn't affect disagreements and whatnot.
So, glad to hear someone else shares the same view.
>>
>>7569575

Who is 2001 is gay?
>>
>>7569575
>watching 2001 for plot

Sounds like Frances got memed on hard.
>>
It's okay to be daft.
>>
>>7569575
It's right though, 2001 is a shit movie.
>>
>>7570061

Solaris is much better in every aspect.
>>
>>7570113
>>7570061

Both are objectively trash. Sunshine is much better. Hell, Interstellar is better.

Dark City is still the best.
>>
>>7570123
>Hell, Interstellar is better.

Nice bait
>>
>>7570061
is 2001 the movie with the dude who was in seven psychopaths? he was martys best friends in seven psycopaths if i remeber corectly :)
>>
Frances, you can't argue on the one hand that people drawing conclusions about 2001 are making "several leaps of faith" and then in the very next paragraph make the wholly unsubstantiated claim that a movie about two men and a robot somehow houses a homosexual character without at least being aware of the irony.

Just because someone in high school patted you on the head for regurgitating what is easily the laziest and most intellectually dishonest form of critical analysis there is doesn't mean you can keep parroting it every single time you read, watch, or listen to absolutely anything. It gets old, fast.

And before you go talking about the monolith as a phallus or the ship as a phallus or any other vaguely linear object with two parallel lines as a phallus, remember that Freudian psychoanalysis is the most reductive and laughable form of film criticism.

>Go ahead and use that if you're desperate to prove a point to some random greasy-haired chick with daddy issues, Anon.
>>
>>7570123
Dark City is good but it's more noir than sci fi Tbh.
>>
>>7570130

Interstellar would be the best movie ever if it wasn't for the absolute shit ending. That ocean planet scene always gets me

>Those aren't mountains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hf_XkgE1d0
>>
>>7570139

>mfw the mile-high tidal wave and gut-rumbling bass note hearkening its arrival
>>
If you need to watch 2001 more than 2 times to understand the symbolism, you are pretty stupid.
>>
>>7570134

Yes that's true, but I still count it as scifi because the whole thing takes place in an alien habitat floating in the middle of some random galaxy and extraterrestrial parasites use the bodies of humans as hosts. It's pretty cool desu brian
>>
I'm pretty lit in public ayyyyyy
>>
>>7569575
>needed multiple viewings to understand Kubrick

There is no hope for her DESU
>>
>>7570177
One Time on LSD, the other time not
>>
>>7570154
>>7570139
lmfao that was fucking awful

It's as if the writers have never encountered a human being before? How would you not be shitting yourself the second you see a tsunami coming towards you? That awful "oh I tripped guess I'm not gonna make it", random faggot getting saved at the last second, and McConaughey going "THOSE aren't mountains!" so far ahead of the actual action that it kills any possible suspense. Thank you for affirming my belief that the movie is pleb shit
>>
>>7570350

Autism: The Post
>>
>>7570364
their was no emotional impact from that scene; the horror of being killed by a hundreds of foot tall wave - which is a common fear I would imagine of anyone who's been to the ocean or at least seen a vivid depiction of it - was totally absent, Anne Hathaway was hilariously blasé about the entire event

Sorry I made fun of your favorite movie though friend, it's never fun to be called dumb :(((
>>
>>7570376

It's not the acting that makes that scene. It's the giant fucking wave. Show me a movie that has a wave that big I'll let you fuck me for free
>>
There's little to no reason to watch 2001 if you weren't there for its original theater run or watched it shortly thereafter. It got dated real quick.
>>
>>7570376
>being called autistic by
>>7570364
>equating that with being called dumb
Kek's were had.

Sorry you can't enjoy a buildup. Have you never talked to yourself like Matthew does in that scene? Seemed pretty normal to me.

Admittedly I see your point about the relative lack of panic, but you got to remember, these people are trained astronauts (well mostly in regards to in the movie, but still professionals) and as such can remain calm in extremely stressful situations more than you or I.
>>
>>7570388
The idea of a massive wave coming towards you is great, I just think they handled it really poorly. The producers could afford to make a realistic looking wave, that's all you can really say. Literally any movie with a decent budget could shoehorn in a tidal wave scene and it would look really neat
>>
>>7570405

I'll be honest. I didn't read your post because you're a tripfag

>filtered
>>
>>7570405
don't even know what this thread is about, but also filtering you
>>
>>7570133

a much better turn of phrase would have been something like,

Frances, you can't argue on the one hand that people drawing conclusions about 2001 are making "several leaps of faith" and then in the very next paragraph make the wholly unsubstantiated claim that a movie about two men and a robot definitely does not involve a homosexual relationship.
>>
>>7570454
>>7570466
>disregarding before reading
Sure signs of plebians.
You won't be missed.

>Don't judge a book by its cover amigos
>>
>>7570471

My understanding is that Frances argues there DOES exist a homosexual character within 2001, so replace "homosexual" with "heterosexual" in your post and you're closer.

Also fuck you I'm drunk I wasn't typing a thesis.
>>
>>7569575
Honestly, I kinda agree with the person in the picture. I absolutely hated 2001. Hated it. It wasn't brilliant by any means, other than by humanizing a machine, and machinizing humans. HAL had all the emotion in that story, and that's genius and all, but the film was so dull and boring for me.

If someone can get me on page with that film, I will give him/her all the internet cookies.
>>
The novel adaptation was way better.
>>
>>7570123
literally a suicide-worthy opinion if unironic
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.