[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what do you think about her, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: edithstein01.jpg (106 KB, 562x562) Image search: [Google]
edithstein01.jpg
106 KB, 562x562
So, what do you think about her, /lit/?
>>
>>7569416
I have tried, but I can't (Woman). She sounded distrought and desperate. Why she turned to Catholicism is also a mystery to me. She was Jewish. And despite her conversion, she got deported to Auzschwitz and died there.
>>
>>7569445
>I have tried, but I can't (Woman). She sounded distrought and desperate.
what do you mean?
> And despite her conversion, she got deported to Auzschwitz and died there.
not surprising, a lot of Catholics were killed in the holocaust
>>
>>7569445
Jews were killed because of their ethnicity
>>
>>7570240
She had the option to get out, but she wouldn't abandon the Jews there.
>>
>>7569445
I mean I tried to read her book Woman and I mostly didn't understand anything. She confused me because I can't follow her logic. Mind you, It's been years since I attempted to read her. I still have her book though.
>>
>>7569416
not as good as pic related
>>
>>7570378
I read some parts of it. i think her Essays on Women was a collection of several talks she gave, so that's why she doesnt pursue her arguments further. I read her by interpreting her from a Thomistic framework along with other essays that discussed her fundamental ideas
>>
>>7569416
I would
>>
File: saintteresaofavila.jpg (36 KB, 280x395) Image search: [Google]
saintteresaofavila.jpg
36 KB, 280x395
>>7570382
Based Teresa, my favorite mystic.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.