[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arroganza chain game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 1_kx-bDc2jeHt1Vn32FDmaNw[1].jpg (63 KB, 500x755) Image search: [Google]
1_kx-bDc2jeHt1Vn32FDmaNw[1].jpg
63 KB, 500x755
Here is a simple game: if you opine on ONE of the three authors below (whether you have read them or not) you are allowed to post three more authors or books of your choice.
There is only one rule:
- opinions must contain at least three sentences and must imply you've read it.
to get it rolling:
Nietzsche
Shakespeare
Dostoyevsky - Crime and Punishment
>>
>Dostoyevsky - Crime and Punishment
queen Nab did in his lectures some iconoclasm over old Dosto being priggish regarding to lady Marmalade and her yellow ticket. He did complain it was stereotype that she was forced to pursue her profession by pure circumstance, it was a stereotype she had a heart of gold, it was stereotype she was put in one line with a murderer in contrast to "the holy book". His main complaint was the big narrative: that a strawman's "i am play God" results invariably in perdition or repentance. But: he praised old Dosto for some Hollywood style scenes. I found the novel far too slow and all his characters like cardboard cut outs: evil calculating protestant; a sadist Russian landowner; a dull and but wealthy Russian bourgeois; a supernatural policeman representing the law. It read to me much like a teenage fanfic where the main thing was the mood. Dunno why he is so cherished.

Tolkien - the Hobbit
Steve Gardner - Grendel
Nietzsche - Thus Spake Zarathustra
Camus - the Stranger (because Fuck You, rules)
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.