[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My News Years resolution is to write 30 minutes a day and read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cormac_mccarthy.jpg (35 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
cormac_mccarthy.jpg
35 KB, 512x512
My News Years resolution is to write 30 minutes a day and read for an hour. Am I on my way /lit/? A-am I doing good?
>>
have you kept up so far?
>>
>>7568602
yea
>>
>>7568596
You don't have to do either every day, just when you feel like it
I mean, if you like doing both you'll do them often, if not then maybe it's just not your thing, it's no big deal
>>
Read more if you wanna be a fine writer desu
>>
>>7568671
At the beginning, sit your ass down and write can be hard as fuck. Once you take it as a habit you learn to enjoy it and you feel like writing more often imo.
>>
>>7568596
You're doing great little buddy :) I'm sure you'll write a bestseller and be a big famous author one day! You have have to work hard! :-)
>>
>>7568764
Was that New Sincerity? If not, you better go back to fucking reddit, beyotch.
>>
>>7568596
No, don't set a goal like that
start at 5 minutes, add a minute every day until you hit your goal. Same with writing. You need to start by building a habit, you'll burn out if you start like this
>>
>>7568810
exactly, some helpful tips i've come up with:
-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
>>7570946
>no Pepe

You're doing it wrong.
>>
>there are people on this board who have to make themselves read
>they can't even do more than 2 hours a day
never gonna make it bro
>>
>tfw write for 8 hours at a time
>read a book a week
>still terrible because I write and read genre fiction
>>
>>7570974
Any hobby takes time to form.

>>7570946
This is good advice op
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.