[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Books that made you cry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 284x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 284x417
I finished this one yesterday and The ending had me tearing up, which I was not expecting. What books got to you, /lit/?
>>
Lmao ur a fagit
>>
fuck off you nob-headed wanker
>>
we are fourhcan we dont cry we can take on anymovie andy books anysongs anything pictures and nywes anything we are ready and willing to read the hardst books and watch the most movies, we are really good and never cry you plwedd we are peagion, we do not formive, we do not forgit, expeenct us
>>
Yeah I cried over that book too

When I was LITERALLY 12 years old

Hummmmmmmm a slightly more young adult sob session was had over Looking for Alaska, that book was written to be sobbed on, surprised it isn't printed on tissues
>>
>>7567997

the end of Karamazov
the end of Quixote
Mario in IJ
>>
my diary tbqhfam
>>
All of them
>>
File: oscar1.jpg (42 KB, 217x366) Image search: [Google]
oscar1.jpg
42 KB, 217x366
>>7567997
Always cry like a bitch with the Happy Prince.
>>
Getting back on track, I had a very emotional response to The Chocolate Touch. I recommend it to all; plebs and patricians alike.
>>
Being Dead by Jim Crace
>>
Radetzky March by Joseph Roth. Great family saga with an ending that illustrates the beauty of a father's love to his son in a bittersweet way.
>>
The Joke by Kundera
>>
>>7567997
I'm reading this now while simultaneously wrapping up the last of cloud atlas. The urge to become a vegetarian hermit is growing.
>>
Read this when I was in 3rd grade, yeah it made me sad.
>>
File: cover.jpg (45 KB, 570x375) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
45 KB, 570x375
Anna Livia's monologue desu

Also the last portion of The Dead, probably my most heavy sobs, though I cry to nearly every book I read
>>
>>7568004
>>7568056
>>7568079
>I'm so tuff ma!
>>
>>7568407
i agree, there was just something about that last scene... i can't put my finger on it. it wasn't exactly sad or heartbreaking, but it was so moving.
>>
>>7569352
Hey fuck you for including me in that, I answered OP's question in addition to making fun of him
>>
>>7568079
>makes fun of White Fang
>reads John fucking Green
are you serious
>>
East of Eden
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.