[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth reading? Is Foucault in general worth delving into,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Is this worth reading? Is Foucault in general worth delving into, or a waste of time?
>>
Of course it is
>>
If you're not in academia, do not read theory.
>>
I have not read pic related, but Foucault is worth reading. He spent a lot of time researching the obscure, mundane facts of major institutions and you can benefit from his hard work by reading his books. hooray! as for his conclusions, and his "rigor" it is up to you as a reasonable scholar to sort through the trash. madness and civilization is a very entertaining book.
>>
Foucault is worth reading for the critique of normative/orthodox aspects of epistemes/institutions

Only a few people really apply his archaeological/genealogical method(s) but having them in mind is neat

I think he isolated himself by being too much in the French tradition like all of those guys tend to

His later stuff is weirder
>>
I read that recently and it was quite eye-opening, although I found it jargony and poorly written at times.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.