[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit/. Stupid question for wise anons. Am I the only one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: jpg.jpg (99 KB, 571x714) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
99 KB, 571x714
Hi /lit/.
Stupid question for wise anons.

Am I the only one that murmurs/whispers when thinking alone? I mean, when I'm thinking alone I articulate the words in my mouth and kinda whisper to myself, or talk (low) like if I was talking to somebody.

This is not b8. I think what I do is completely normal, etc, but I would like to hear it from other anons to be sure. And I know this board is full of people that at least think once in a while, that's why I'm not asking in /b/.
>>
File: Dfw5.png (363 KB, 654x774) Image search: [Google]
Dfw5.png
363 KB, 654x774
Seeking social validation? Do what works, fuck what anyone else does or think m8
>>
>>7567735
You're right, and I know this works for me and that's all I should need. But still, here I am, so I guess I need social validation.

The problem is, after my experience in buddhism and tantra, I feel uncomfortable when I realise that Im hearing my voice inside my head (which is normal discursive internal thinking, everyone does it, blah blah).
I've told myself so many times that thinking is bad, etc. (Im simplifying it a lot) and Im so unidentified with my own thought, that I almost NEED to whisper to be able to think.

I guess this is an extremely personal experience and anyone can relate. But I wanted to let it out.
>>
>>7567803
Sometimes when I'm thinking I drift between words and moving my lips, and just thinking. The deeper I am in my head the less I noticed whether I'm speaking or thinking. I try to only do that when I'm not near people though

Anyway it seems that this isn't actually about speaking but rather you trying to avoid thinking. If you want to speak, speak, but you should probably try to destroy such a weakness in yourself and get over the insecurity / inability
>>
>>7567826
Good advice, thanks anon.
>get over it
That's why Im trying to do, but it's taking time and it's being really difficult to me.
Sometimes I need to hear somebody else sharing a similar experience, to feel 'normal'.
>>
>>7567868
Normalcy is a hallmark of mediocrity
>>7567803
Thought precedes language. Thinking is not bad; problems arise when you identify with your language machine rather then viewing it simply as a tool
>>
>>7567948
>identify whit your language machine
That's so easy to say... I'm not going to try to explain the inexplainable now (hi Wittgenstein). But I assure you that I knew buddhism and tantra basic concepts like that and still I fell into something really different. "YOU IDENTIFY is absurd", anon... you're creating a duality through language when there's just one thing... that is what I learned and what is causing me trouble..
>>
>>7567973
"You identify" (...).
~corrected
>>
File: Ma80m4c.jpg (61 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
Ma80m4c.jpg
61 KB, 736x736
it probably is just there to help others hear you. "channeling" on the other side from the astral or even from the higher realms could be aided by trying to listen to the rock-solid quietude the third density exchanges causally. because this density is obviously causal in ultimate nature is probably why using your real voice helps rather than the one in your head or the one up a linkage from that one (if you might even call that a voice).
>>
>>7568051
Source?
>third density
at least explain what does that bassically mean
>>
>>7567973
>your creating a duality through language when there's just one thing.
To distinguish does not imply seperation
>>
>vocalizing
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.