[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What philosophy can help me out of post-modernist solitude, confusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
What philosophy can help me out of post-modernist solitude, confusion and despair?
>>
Nietzsche
>>
Christopher Lasch
The Last Psychiatrist
>>
Post modernism
>>
>>7567476

Traditionalism
Aristotelianism
>>
>>7567476
I S L A M
S
L
A
M
>>
Well let's be honest here: if you were getting pussy, that would solve like half the problem. So for that I suggest doing things that might help you with that.

For the other part, I suggest looking at people who are happy rather than the people who were sad. Kafka and DFW are out the window on that note. Stop reading them. They are for useless little liberal bitch boys who are less than nothing. No one successful reads this stuff unless they are mentally and emotionally equipped to rise above the negativity and realize that they have reached a higher state of being.

As for the post modernism, stop wasting your time with subjective experiences like understanding others is a virtue. Fuck other people, they don't give a shit about you (especially if you are white male and straight (which I know you are)). Either at the bottom of the universe there is one truth or there isn't; don't listen to fags who say "oh well we can use empiricism for some things like engineering but it's best to use qualitative studies for other things like art!" They are suggesting that sometimes there is an objective reality and sometimes there isn't. Fuck that, it's wrong. There is truth and falsehood, that's it. If it looks gray, we just haven't the technology to parse through it yet, and you shouldn't trouble yourself too much with meaning you can't make out anyway.

Basically you should make becoming a self reliant masculine male your highest priority. Start taking pleasure in beating other people. Start learning how to properly take care of yourself. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop blaming everyone else. If you drew a shit hand at birth, fix what you can, accept what you can't. When you finally realize that life is a struggle and that you have to fight to survive, then you will understand. You are a puke right now OP. Trust me, you stop worrying about the existential stuff a lot less when you become more than a puke.

If you don't pay your own bills, I would start there. Moving out of my parents house helped tremendously with my mental health.
>>
>>7568435
>People with special snowflake retardation revert to religion later in life when they realize they have been a faggot.

Why cant retards ever realize they don't know wtf they are talking about.
>>
>>7568435
His ears look like they are somewhat back to normal
>>
>>7569832
The worst post in the history of /lit/
>>
>>7569832
co-sign
>>
>>7569832
In the past this used to be called "being a man" and you learned it from your dad, but somehow this vitality is being sapped from our civilization, if we're lucky we might figure it out on our own before we become trannies or top ranking world of warcraft players, but so many don't find it and waste their lives
>>
>>7567476
postmodernism is supposed to be about the relief from the despair of modernism through the acceptance of inherent absurdity and the recognition of ones own contingent nature, which is ultimately beholden only to the exuberance of her own imagination
>>
File: ChristPantocrator-Sinai.jpg (267 KB, 851x1600) Image search: [Google]
ChristPantocrator-Sinai.jpg
267 KB, 851x1600
>>7567476
Die to the world.
>>
File: 1452479746725.jpg (67 KB, 574x353) Image search: [Google]
1452479746725.jpg
67 KB, 574x353
>>7569832
HIGH ENERGY POST

I LIKE THIS GUY

ONE DAY YOU'RE GONNA BE HUGE KID
>>
>>7567476
None. Philosophy aims to dispel the notion of knowledgeable happiness being achievable
>>
>>7568417
He said OUT of post-modernist confusion and despair. I've been reading last psychiatrist for years and all it ever did was make me feel lost and confused.
>>
Philosophy won't save you
The work must be done by the body
>>
File: gotes.jpg (2 MB, 1324x1101) Image search: [Google]
gotes.jpg
2 MB, 1324x1101
>>
materialism
>>
>>7568417
>The Last Psychiatrist
It's a soapbox drama news analysis blog for upper middle suburban men with depression caused by narcissist parents/society.

That is your Le drunk anon writer for you.

He will only release his new stuff posthumously now because he was doxxed and has a hot wife he wants to keep fucking.
>>
>>7567476

>>7569832 is genuine alpha approved. I would add, first step to understanding yourself is understanding others close to you whose influence you've absorbed but he's right, most people need to be dismissed eventually for lacking substance for your cause. Let some occasionally put their ideas on your table but be a master at dismissing them or ignoring them. Be sure to understand that most people misuse and seek to misvalue the concepts behinds words for self-gain so who you trust with an accurate use of a word is also paramount.
>>
>>7567476
sage and report guys
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.