[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What lamp do you use for reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
What lamp do you use for reading?
>>
I did use an old family one that had three bulbs. It fell off my headboard and only 1 socket works now. Been looking for something new.
>>
>>7566880
I don't need no mother fucking lamp to read. I use the light from the sky, and when it is dark I turn on the lights in my room. I don't have a lamp on my desk. I don't need no motherfucking lamp.
>>
>>7566880
When you get one of those in OP's pic make sure that either

a) it's mountable to the table or
b) The base is extremely heavy.

Otherwise moving or adjusting the lamp will result in you pushing it around, which sadly happens with my cheap one.
>>
Kindle backlight
>>
File: 40088_PE079702_S3.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
40088_PE079702_S3.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
After sunset : this cheap ikea lamp.
>>
>>7568016
the light from my computer. its kinda sad, but im poor as hell. i open up a new tab on chrome so the white light is bright enough to use as a book light
>>
>>7568472
woops didnt mean to quote >>7568016
>>
File: Lamp.jpg (65 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Lamp.jpg
65 KB, 800x800
>>7566880
I did some research online and I found that a tablelamp, like pic related, was actually the best for your eyes. The ideal position would be to have the lamp over your shoulder so that the light falls from behind you onto the book itself. I don't remember the exact reasoning why, something to do with incandescent light being better than fluorescent for your eyes and you wanting the light to be as dim and unobtrusive as possible

The only problem is that the style of lamp pictured has come out of fashion and it's hard to find them for cheap
>>
>>7567936
>>7567936
you look like a fond fan of thug notes, arent you?
>>
>>7568040
fuck this lamp its shit and I don't recommend it to anyone
>>
>>7568510
>>7568472
Nigga go to goodwill or similar find those lamps all day for 1-3 dollars usually with a working light bulb too
>>
I ordered this today. Seems to fit my needs. Multiple adjust points, brightness modes, colors, warranty.
>>
>>7566880
the sun
>>
>>7569486
I don't like the sun
>>
So that's what the pixar lamp is up to these days
>>
I read in the dark and wait for the optical illusions of indeterminate squiggle lines takeover.
>>
>2016
>not reading by candle light
nigga what?
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 294x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 294x172
Use a headlamp with a red light. Easy on the eyes, and don't have to get out of bed to turn off a real lamp. My roomates and I got rid of all the other lighting, and just wear them on our head after dark. Cause I mean the only point of lighting is to see what you're looking at, and it saves money. I started off using it just for reading, but it became a real hit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.