[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sadly, I can only stir up the motivation to write whenever I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Messages Image(701711408).png (98 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(701711408).png
98 KB, 399x388
Sadly, I can only stir up the motivation to write whenever I get really stoned. Maybe it's because this is my most comfortable state of mind. Who knows? I'll never be a writer anyway.
>>
>>7564600
I get good ideas when high, but I don't think I could write while high, or after getting high where you still have the brain fog.

Something about getting high seems to stimulate your memory in a way that is good for creativity. I know it's a meme, but it is true.
>>
>>7564600
It's just fear of discovering that what you're writing isn't actually good, so you can only write when you're stoned or drunk in order to have an excuse if it turns out shit.

You have to get over this anxiety if you're going to enjoy writing, just tell yourself that "the first draft of everything is shit" and that no one will ever see what you write until you've polished it and decide to show it to them.

Seriously, this has nothing to do with the psychotropic effects of weed and everything to do with anxiety.
>>
It's always said that when you're high, you think your ideas are good, but then when you're sober again, you realize that they weren't good after all. That's not true in my experience. I get ideas when I'm high that I think are brilliant even after I'm no longer high.
>>
>>7564703
Carlin said he'd smoke a joint only once of twice a year in order to write his stand-up. It most definitely helps and stimulates your mind.
>>
>>7564760
You're smart enough to have that insight about yourself, but not smart enough to realize when you're projecting.
>>
>>7564760
You are right. I do know that weed changes the way you think, so perhaps it is good for thinking outside of the box and brainstorming. However in writing you should not set up a crutch like that (for an easy fix, lose the ego). The reality is that maybe OP is not willing to leave his ego at the door. One thing you realize is that no matter what point you are in life you will always look back and think that you can't believe you used to think this, or you can't believe you said that. You call yourself stupid based on what you did in the past. And ten years from now you might say the same thing about yourself now. It's kind of humbling when you realize that your future self will look down on you.

>>7564772
Projecting, people need to stop applying this where it need not be applied. People learn from their mistakes, so yes, when people give advice they might project their personal experiences. There is nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>7564801
>>7564760

Thanks for the advice. This thread just became really philosophical.
>>
>>7564600
>>7564703
WEAK FAGGOT
>>
>>7564767
What you make of a drug is entirely on you. In our society we are told that if you take this, you will become a homeless addict. Or if you take this your teeth WILL ROT. None of this is true. It is your character traits which are responsible for your actions, whether you use a drug casually, or end up neglecting your teeth and ending up homeless. You look at it as if it is your mind under the influence of the drug. I tell you that you should rather look at it as if it is that drug (and all it's effects) under the influence of your mind. Your mind is the dominant force here.

Going on a tangent, the same could be said with psychedelics. Not everyone who takes LSD ends up a mystic at the end of it. A knuckle dragging meathead is taking LSD for fun, he won't make anything meaningful of it. But look at what psychedelics did for Aldous Huxley. They were one of many interests for him, and they brought a wealth of information for his writing. He made something out of it.

Just go to any marijuana forum. See for yourself, these people are clearly absolutely retarded judging by their syntax. So when they say "oh yeah, my ideas sound good while high but shit when sober" you need to keep in mind that you are reading the posts of a low or average intelligence individual. Their ideas are always uninspired and stupid. Don't take their word for it, you need to see and understand for yourself.
>>
I do my best writing high. Have shared some of it on here and gotten good responses.

You just need to use weed as something that gets you into the headspace where you write your best shit. By that I mean, weed is just a tool to help you be more receptive to that inspiration, not the inspiration itself. Wagner used to say he was tuned into divine energies around him. That's what weed should be. Just something that tunes your internal receiver.

Know what you want to write, what you want to say, what makes you feel that urge to create in your bones, and then the next time you do that thing get blasted and write something down.
>>
>>7564866
It's hard to put it into words. I think it is more of an understanding than anything you could put into scientific terms at the moment. It simply isn't studied enough to know the effects 100%, especially considering the fact that most certainly everyone reacts differently. I noticed that it makes me think outside of the box.
>>
>smoking pot
>>
>>7564987
Wanna fight about it?
>>
>>7564600
Not with that attitude you won't!

Try to learn your own psychology and find ways to exploit it. You can't sit down and write for an hour at a time? Try out weird patterns, do literally one minute of writing, or even just one sentence, then walk away for a minute, then come back. Just experiment. Learn to take advantage of your productive moods and swing them in your favor.
>>
>>7564600
You live a worthless life.
>>
File: 1434579951326.jpg (13 KB, 287x277) Image search: [Google]
1434579951326.jpg
13 KB, 287x277
>>7565011
>>
>>7565011
That's really rude. Almost like you were some alcohol drinking football watching dullard. If there is a human being who perfectly embodies a big fuck you to humanity, it's the booze drinking football watching escapist.
>>
>>7565051
why so hostile, bro? one love
>>
For me hash is more musical and booze more wordy.
>>
>>7564600
kill yourself, frog fuck
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.