[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The time has come /lit/ For the past year I have allocated my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Beethoven.jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Beethoven.jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
The time has come /lit/

For the past year I have allocated my soul to the craft of writing and am now sitting with three novels and six short stories that are collecting digital dust as they lay idle in the hard drive. I am satisfied with my progress and could not fathom a greater satisfaction than what I knownow, however I am not beyond acknowledging the benefit that I may gain from distributing my work so I come to you for advice.

I am aware of a website that compiles a list of literary journals to which one may submit short stories so it is primarily the novels that I have not decided how to try and distribute. I would appreciate any advice that is more helpful than to search online for agents; that I can and will do until I receive a better idea from you, my brothers.

If it at all helps, one of the works, the first I wrote although without the intention of advertising it as such, I will say falls under the genre of young adult fiction as I believe it will gain a marketable advantage if I do so. The second is a psychological thriller and the third, an epistolary piece that I do not yet know how to classify aside from literary fiction.

I have told myself that I will not begin working on the fourth, the idea of which has reached the stage of conception and which beckons to be manifested into writing, until I distribute these so that I can at least say, I tried.
>>
He writing too big for he godam hed xxxxxxd
>>
>>7564487

Writer's Market.

Buy the book for $40 or sign up for online subscription for $40/year.

writersmarket.com & writersdigest.com

It's all you need. Industry standard.
>>
>>7564522
I am familiar with writersdigest, but have only now heard of writersmarket; would you recommend paying the subscription fee and doing it through them or send to agents as are listed online?

I have found a number of agents already since I created the post but the process seems tedious if nothing else, also they are overwhelming in number so it's a little difficult to decide between them as of right now.
>>
>>7564555

Writer's Digest publishes Writer's Market. They're the same company.

You can send to agents online, I'm just saying Writer's Market because it's industry standard and lists everyone, basically.

Do you know anyone in the industry? If no, you need to target agents who accept unsolicited. Sending to agents who don't accept unsolicited means you're just wasting your time and sending trash through the mail. Now, that doesn't mean an agent who accepts unsolicited is just going to sign you up. They may still throw your shit in the trash. But you have a better shot.

Writer's Market will break it down by agents who accept unsolicited.
>>
File: 48j.png (80 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
48j.png
80 KB, 600x406
>>7564555
Stop talking like that, man

Please
>>
>>7564598
Thank you for the advice. I will sign up for a month for now since I'm hoping to send everything out at once.
>>
>>7564646

You do what you want, man. Good luck sending to everyone in a month. Some people take years to find an agent and years to get published. Good writers.
>>
>>7564655
Am I wrong in understanding it as a matter of sending out a dozen or two submissions and then waiting up to a few months for a response? With this in mind I was planning to send out that many for each work in the days to come and then move on to begin working on something new.

I am very new to this of course so if anyone knows of a better way to go about it, please share your advice.
>>
>>7564699

Your plan is fine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.