[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated/Unmentioned Writers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Gilbert_Sorrentino.jpg (21 KB, 220x302) Image search: [Google]
Gilbert_Sorrentino.jpg
21 KB, 220x302
We recommend one another our favorite underrated writers, ones we feel aren't really known or talked about enough on /lit/ and otherwise. Non-American writers a plus.

I'll start with a few recs:

Shusaku Endo (Silence, Deep River)
Gilbert Sorrentino (Mulligan Stew, Aberration of Starlight, The Moon in Its Flight)
Georges Perec (Life a User's Manual, Things: A Story of the Sixties)
Robert Coover (The Public Burning, The Brunist Day of Wrath)
William Saroyan (The Human Comedy, The Time of Your Life)
>>
>underrated
>overrated
Please leave.
>>
None of these are either underrated or undermentioned.
>>
>>7563755
? Are you having a bad day? I'd love to hear about it.
>>
>>7563761
Okay, since you put enough time and thought into shutting me down, could you, while you're at it, also direct me toward some other writers I and others might not have heard of and might enjoy?
>>
I'll have to check these guys out. I know Gass loved Public Burning. Oh, I'd say Gass. He's been picking up traction on lit recently but still underrated.
>>
>perec

>not mentioning La Disparition or W ou le souvenir d'enfance

wtf op
>>
Holy fuck. We literally have a thread like this in a catalog. Why do you retards always do this. Especially on a slow board like /lit/. There is literally no excuse unless you're just intentionally shitposting.
>>
>>7563746

> Gilbert Sorrentino

he's rated correctly. He wrote shitty poetry and a bunch of "whoa metafictional" novels. Nobody cares much about that sort of stuff. Therefore, nobody reads him, and he'll be forgotten.

> Robert Coover

Only for The Public Burning. I don't think he was a very strong writer, but that one's a good novel that should be taught in schools.
>>
>>7563746
Hanif Kurashi (The Buddha of Suburbia, My Beautiful Laundrette)
J.M. Coetzee (Waiting for the Barbarians, Disgrace)
Michael Ondaatje (The Collected Works of Billy the Kid, The English Patient).
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.