[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feminist Fiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Undine Rishing from the Waters.jpg (526 KB, 1963x2663) Image search: [Google]
Undine Rishing from the Waters.jpg
526 KB, 1963x2663
Yes, I know most of you already feel the rising cry of "BAIT" in your lungs, but please, put it aside for a moment.

I didn't have a lot of luck finding feminist fiction taking place after a realized so-called 'feminist revolution' written by an actual feminist, that is, not a satire. More an utopia after feminism 'won', if you will.

I would be particularly interested in one that doesn't deal in separatism and delves a bit on female-male relations, governance, child-rearing, possible problems (some kind of self-criticism), etc. Big bonus points if it's actually enjoyable to read.
>>
Ursula le Guin wrote some utopian feminist scifi series about everyone being a fucking pussy or something

Hainish Cycle

Be prepared to grow tits after you read it, to which Mme. Ursula would have diddled her hyena clit furiously
>>
>>7563069
This will be my first time fapping to a picture of a statue. Wish me luck, anons.
>>
>>7563069
The feminists couldn't write that because their goals are contradictory and wouldn't produce a utopia.

For an actual utopia where men and women are equals, Island. If you like meme books more, then Brave New World.
>>
Not sure what your OP refers to, since you don't disclose any titles on what you did find.

Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
>>
It isn't exactly a perfect fit, but there's a sci-fi novel by Sheri S. Tepper called Grass which addresses some of those issues. She's written a lot and a lot of it is about feminist issues but Grass is the only one I've read so far so that's what I'm going to suggest. I think most of her stuff is sci-fi.
>>
File: neu6.jpg (49 KB, 349x492) Image search: [Google]
neu6.jpg
49 KB, 349x492
Lolita?
Boule de Suif?

>>7563100
What have you been doing all your life?
>>
>>7563156
>Lolita?
What?
>>
>>7563160
Well, it is about a quite skewered relationship of power between Lolita and Humbert isn't it?

Not to mention the style (intentionally) hides this flaw in the relationship.

Only just started it, so feel free to disagree.
>>
File: ES-CT-0200.jpg (447 KB, 860x573) Image search: [Google]
ES-CT-0200.jpg
447 KB, 860x573
>>7563173

More Fuchs Ernst.
>>
File: 1431864771127.jpg (2 MB, 1500x3400) Image search: [Google]
1431864771127.jpg
2 MB, 1500x3400
>>7563069

Please, piss off. There is no room for your neo liberal identity politics on this board. I'm a leftist by the way and you're an idiot. Get fucked.
>>
>>7563735
Anons, meet anon. He didn't eat his breakfast today so he's a bit out of sorts.
>>
>>7563735
the far right is presented so shittily there. it is interesting how cooperation between moderate right and moderate left produces a hideous neoliberal dystopia
>>
Oryx and Crake

Lots of male and female characters. Deals with gender issues without coming across as feminist/misandrist. I quite liked it.
>>
A Raisin in the Sun
>>
sexing the cherry
sphinx by garreta if you can read french (translation ok but much more impressive in french)
>>
>>7563810

>The far fight is presented so shittily there

That is what the far right is though.

>>7563791

I had smoked salmon with her cream cheese and capers on a toasted onion bagel. Go away.
>>
>>7563069
The Left hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin.

It's about a man who goes to a planet where the human biology has transformed into a single gender. I didn't know it was feminist until someone explained it to me. Pretty cool book though.
>>
>>7563069
Woman on the edge of time. Interesting read at the very least.
>>
>>7563735
/leftypol/ didn't take your bait today?
>>
For All Gods Gave Only Tears
by Antoine Pédaleur
>>
>>7563069

Please go, Emma.
>>
>>7564093

>implying it's bait

Identity politics has no place in the left. Go away.
>>
>>7563100
>First time
>statue

You havent even gotten to suits of armor yet? How new are you?
>>
>>7563069
>Feminism
>Something worth reading about
Not bait, just delusional. Feminism's goals were achieved long ago. Trying to make men and woman fully equal is delusional; biology stands in the way, and it always will. Feminism is cancer on our society today. I know I'm the minority here, but most of you simply haven't experienced real feminism. You think to protect women's rights when feminist are selfish and only look out for themselves. Once you understand the truw relationship between men and women, everything will fall into place.
>>
>>7564112
Then have some decency towards "the cause" and stop acting like an autistic sperglord.

Hugboxes can be found in /pol/, /lit/ is a board for discussing literature - not your personal feelings on an academic field. You're exactly the same problem as the liberal idpol: inability to handle dissent.

>>7564133
>allow me to interject for a moment m'lady
>>
File: image.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>7564153
Did you really just call an anti-feminist a white knight?
Give me one reason why feminism needs to exist todany in our countries.
>>
>>7563117
>Brave New World
>Utopia
Well I suppose it might be a feminist utopia but it always seems like they all actually want different things.
>>
>>7564153

Modern feminism is nothing except a bunch of entitled, menstruating twats who want more rights than men. Have some decency towards yourself and stop having such a victim complex.
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 1500x1000
>>7563069
There's that one blogger who wanted to reduce the male population by 90% and castrate the majority of the remaining males in public ceremonies. That's a feminist utopia.
>>
>>7564628
>spewing his own opinions on a topic none asked to discuss
>"real feminism"
>muh biology

I called a neckbeard a neckbeard because he has decided to brand an entire academic discipline based on what he saw in r/shittubmlrsay.
>>
>>7564687
You didn't actually say anything useful to him though. If anyone is a neckbeard, it's you:
>M'lady
>Muh _______
>"*Thing you disagreed with*"
At least contribute something other than memes and ad hominem.
>>
>>7563069
Try the Fifth Season by NKJ.

That came across as so fucking Sjw(and i don't buy into ur Americlaps shit).
>>
>>7563069
Those guys were skilled, it looks like sheer fabric on a thick whooty.

They didn't even have the tools we have today.
>>
>>7564748
STOP OBJECTIFYING WOMEN IN A FEMINIST THREAD YOU CIS SCUM
>>
>>7564759
I want to breed you so hard..... I want to look deep into your hate filled eyes, as I repeatedly try my best to enter your chest cavity through your cervix, all the while feeling your velvet covered wet walls grip me with an incessant frenzy, as if it were to let go, it would cease to exist.

I would then lovingly nibble on your neck, while continuing to hold your hands above your head, and feeling your legs unconsciously locked around my waist as if I were shackled to you, by the union of our mounds.
>>
>>7564799
S-STOP! MEN ARE SCUM take me
>>
>>7564799
>>7564829

Meme's aside, there is this feminist girl in my art history class who looks almost exactly like pic related and she is so opinionated and is always putting her hand up to discuss different issues and I want to do nothing else but stuff my patriarchy pole into her cunt and fill it up with baby batter.

wat do?
>>
>>7564843

oops forgot pic sorry
>>
>>7564846
Isn't that guy next her o the right, the one who was at the satan church opening, speaking in Shakespearean, and screaming that he didn't steal an old lady's magazines?
>>
>>7564846
Just rape her.
>>
>>7564877

Never.
>>
>>7564900
Are you a black transsexual SLAM poet?
If not, then sadly you don't have a chance.
>You rape her
>Get's triggered so hard she literally can't even
>Is actually extremely repressed and dealing with submission fantasies
>Becomes gf
>???
>>
>>7564917

I'm not but I am half Arab if I can spin that in my favour somehow. Perhaps I can pretend I am half Syrian (even though I'm not) and use the Syrian Refugee gameplan?
>>
>>7564928
Make sure to talk to her about how Islam is a religion of peace and how ever since you came here, you couldn't believe how the evil capitalists and white men are controlling society. Does she have a boyfriend? Talk to him, he'll let you cuck him.
>>
>>7564153
>/pol/ is a hugbox
Look I know they're dumbasses but words do have meanings, it's not a hugbox if the main tone of discourse is outright vitriol and views directly contradictory to the prevailing perspective aren't deleted.
>>
>>7565031
/lit/ is pretty much 1/3 /pol/, 1/3 /leftypol/, and 1/3 reddit
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.