[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Invention idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: 292080.jpg (20 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
292080.jpg
20 KB, 225x350
Make a cheap tablet book that contains all the classics in the public domain so that people from poorer demographics have access to the words that shaped history.

Bad idea?
>>
The cheaper the tablet, the shittier the working conditions in the sweatshops.
>>
>>7562470
i actually recall reading this anime
>>
File: meanwhile_in_india3.jpg (93 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile_in_india3.jpg
93 KB, 600x400
You will just alienate some people from their cultures, meaning you will get most of them killed. You should check out some of the problems the OLPC project had in rural 3rd world communities. Kids started to ask questions and the village elders basically outlawed the machines. For some people, being an uneducated piece of human trash is a cultural definition.
>>
Sony PRS-300 costs $25 and project gutenberg is free

poor people already have access to words that shaped history but have more pressing matters to attend to
>>
File: image.jpg (608 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
608 KB, 1536x2048
They have the internet, you fucking bleeding heart head wound. The all have dere phownz, and not only do poorer demographics read more, even if it's social media, they have better access to information—and if they want, they have fucking access to archive.org and can read the Satyricon if they really wanna.
>>
File: 1428989754367.jpg (22 KB, 650x497) Image search: [Google]
1428989754367.jpg
22 KB, 650x497
>>7562495
Welp, if the brown people really want to stay dumb and sew my Nikes, I guess I shouldn't feel bad about it.

Pearls before swine and all that.
>>
>>7562495
Opposition to globalization is mostly a Western thing
>>
>>7562495
>OLPC project
this is still alive ? how did olpc react to the refusal of their gadget ?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.