[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book count
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Ideology.png (388 KB, 989x576) Image search: [Google]
Ideology.png
388 KB, 989x576
Rules

>Post a short excerpt from your writing
>Other anons try to guess how many books you read a year

Obviously this isn't a critique thread, go here >>7559103 for that.
>>
I'll bite.

‘Twenty-one, eh?’ The bouncer turned the chit over in his hand,
‘Uh-huh.’
‘And you expect me to believe that?’
Beim blinked.
‘Y’know what?’ Said the bouncer, pausing only for effect, ‘Twenty creds and you’re in.’
‘I… Twenty?’ He’d already paid fifteen.
‘Uh-huh… That’s only half the price of some quality horns to cover up those boyish little nubs.’ Retorted the bouncer, giving those same nubs a little jostle.
Beim’s brow furrowed and his lips parted far before he had cooked up a witty come back. Thankfully for him, the entrance doors whisped open before he could make it obvious.
‘What’s the hold up?’ Boomed a voice from a pair of broad shoulders and a jagged crown, ‘Grotty better not be givin’ you trouble.’ Noted the new arrival, his arm falling to rest on the Bouncer’s shoulder.
‘This tike’s with you, Stakko?’
‘Tike?’ Retorted Beim
‘Oh come on, kid.’
‘Yeah,’ said Stakko, nodding Beim to his side, ‘this tike’s with me.’
A grunt from one and a smile from the other was all it took for Beim to strut his way past the bouncer, casually snatching back his counterfeit chit.
‘Oh and Grotty? Thanks for not making the kid pay, eh?’ His lips curled into a smirk before shooting the bouncer a wink. ‘Put it towards my tab.’
The entrance to the club itself was just as unorthodox as Beim’s admittance had been. Where as one expected to see a group of expectant - or expired - revellers and worn out couches, they were instead greeted with sharp lights and a thick durasteel chamber with thicker doors on both ends. As the door behind shut and the stale air began hissing through the vents, Stakko gave Beim a thud to the shoulder.
‘Remember…’ He began, the lights fading as the hissing began fading to nothing,’There’s no such thing as a bad trip. A’right?’
‘A’right.’
And, as if on cue, the far door hissed open, letting a flood of both bass and thick orange smoke wash over them.
>>
>>7562302

That's very nice, man. I wish I could write like you. I'm guessing you read about a dozen books in 2015?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.