[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think J.R.R Tolkien, if he were alive today would he not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: photo.jpg (52 KB, 548x547) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
52 KB, 548x547
Do you think J.R.R Tolkien, if he were alive today would he not let anyone have a license to his works like his son is doing? Or would he have been more easy going with it and want to see what others can make of his world.
>>
I think he'd probably shoot himself if the thing he was working on like an obsessive autist for his entire life right up to the day of his death were turned into popcorn movie diarrhea that prevented a generation of children from reading the books and spoiled them for the few who do
>>
I think he would be too busy being gay desu
>>
If he was alive those movies would be 10x better or wouldn't exist at all
>>
>>7561836
The movies are already great, fuck off.
>>
File: 1439540639956.jpg (10 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
1439540639956.jpg
10 KB, 214x317
>>7561840
>60% of movies are forgettable battle sequences
>rest is "m'lady m'frodo"
>>
>>7561840
Shouldn't you be talking about Star Wars cartoons on Reddit?
>>
>>7561840
Lotr is decent but Hobbit is shit. You can't deny that.
>>
>>7561848
That's what I meant, I haven't even bothered to see The Hobbit trilogy because it just looks bad to begin with. The LOTR trilogy is great imo tho.
>>
>>7561771
IIRC he wouldn't even let Disney touch his work so kek no
>>
>>7561848
Hobbit films were awful. LOTR films are the epitome of comfy-core.
>>
>>7561846
holy shit get rekt bro
>>
>>7561798
Tolkien would be proud of you for saying that
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.