[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I've read most of the Camus/Sartre canon recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Kierkegaard.jpg (49 KB, 310x459) Image search: [Google]
Kierkegaard.jpg
49 KB, 310x459
Hey /lit/,

I've read most of the Camus/Sartre canon recently and now I was thinking of reading Kierkegaard but I've seen people saying I should first read Hegel. So, which books should I start with?
>>
>>7561751
To read Hegel you need to read Kant. To read Kant you need to read Hume. To read Hume you need to read Descartes etc etc.

TL;DR start with the Greeks
>>
>>7561754
I would if I had that much time. Can you at least name 1 crucial book by each of those writers (I've read Iliad, Odyssey and some other Greeks stuff so skip that)
>>
Thing is lot of these writers talk about lot of stuff. Could anyone point me to some of their crucial books concerning existentialism that was born later because of it.
>>
Considering Kierk's works is just one big polemic against Hegel, you should read Hegel first. Despite all the memes, Hegel is a pretty solid place to start, especially if you want a good understanding of contemporary continental philosophy.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.