[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you frame and incite conflict among your family members
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: cometopepe.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cometopepe.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
>tfw you frame and incite conflict among your family members to see how they react to get ideas for your writing
>>
I'm telling Mom.
>>
File: BergmanWinter2.jpg (68 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
BergmanWinter2.jpg
68 KB, 600x394
>tfw summer is all year on /lit/
>>
>>7560700
Actually summer I probably the best here because you don't get dumb students making "just finished _____ what did you guys think about it" threads
>>
>>7560700
what did you think of that movie? it was depressing as fuck, not suprisingly (bergman lol)
>>
>>7560715
It's funny I just returned, not having been on since all the tripfags were here...and I kind of miss it? I really miss the 100+reply continental v. analytic debates...I've heard that /his/ took that up but...honestly /lit/ is where I want to hear opinions...like I made a thrad asking for movies here and it was actually decent
>>
>>7560726
I loved it. My favorite by bergman is "Through a Glass Darkly". Winter Light is the second of a trilogy; and the way it ended is fantastic...it develops the themes of spiritual anguish and ambiguity and it ultimately gives us a mockery of for instance, the end of crime and punishment, as the priest of winter light is more or less become resolute in his "Bad Faith" (in the sartrean sense) Also the actress Ingrid Thulin is so hot to me...even more so in "Through A Glass Darkly"...Bergman is my favorite at the moment but I am looking for other Existentialist films
>>
>>7560735
my fav is seventh seal just because it is perfect from beginning to end, but the one that hits me the hardest emotionally is a glass darkly

just thinking about it hurts
>>
>>7560797
fuckin right?? I may watch "Shame" later on..haven't seen it. The Virgin Spring has some ebin revenge in it. I'm kind of autistic about filmmakers I think (and authors) and generally will halfass novels or films (like quit half way) until I find something that really grabs me and then become a completionist about it...kind of sad but eh YOLO
>>
>>7560810
have you seen the magician? it's silly as fuck but in the best way possible. very different feel from his other films. it's an absurd movie from start to finish
>>
>>7560822
No I'll have to check it out...muhfucker was PROLIFIC
>>
>>7560855
i recently realized that john ford is based as fuck. his movies are super melancholy which is a quality i find irresistible

give him a chance if you haven't taken him seriously before
>>
File: bloom.jpg (12 KB, 250x297) Image search: [Google]
bloom.jpg
12 KB, 250x297
>>7560682
>tfw you're such a pleb that you have to insight actual conflict in meatspace in order to write about conflict
>>
>>7560861
thanks for the tip...I would have probably ignored him because of John Wayne's ugly face...any film in particular? Also have you seen "The Proposition" (nick cave's western)? Pretty fuckin rad.
>>
>>7560890
man, if you don't learn to love john wayne you will never understand ford

his films are pure and naive, and visually perfect

if you want to see john wayne at his most depressing watch "the man who shot liberty valance", if you want a really melancholy ford film watch "my darling clementine"

keep an open mind. nits generally harder for people of our generation to appreciate his films, but once you "get it" you will love ford. i think he's the best american film maker easily
>>
>>7560914
cool...I am intrigued because I do like when my expectations are defied...basically my resistance to Ford is generational...I'm on the older end of the millennial scale (maybe even Generation Y although people forget that one even existed), but, my dad loved John Ford, was an abusive alcoholic so there you have it. Probably t.m.i but who gives a fuck it's 4chan
>>
>>7560940
rio grande is great too, if you like those two check that one out as well. im in the mood now so im gonna watch a movie of his ive had on my queue

take it easy, amigo
>>
>>7560962
adios hombre
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.